Bios Error

smithxi

I get an error when Bios boots and I still get it even after reloading the bios. This occured after installing Fedora 14 on a laptop. This is the error...

[ 0.195091] fail in evaluating the _REG object of EC device.

Sometimes the number changes and there is some text after that, but I can't ever read it quick enough. The laptop is brand new and like I said, all I did was install Fedora 14 onto the hard drive. Does anyone know what I can do to fix it? I can't even log into the Toshiba forums to make a post after registering. I've tried like 5 times and I just can't login. Anyways does anyone know if this can be fixed?

Yes, it comes from Fedora.

It's a known problem on older versions and it revolves around ACPI on notebooks.

"Full error" should be:

Fail in evaluating the _REG object of EC device. Broken bios is suspected.

example:

http://forum.soft32.com/linux/Bug-571251-base-hp-pavillon-start-30-success-ftopict507686.html

This is a problem you need to address to a Linux (possibly Fedora ;)) Forum

http://www.fedoraforum.org/

post also exact brand/model of actual Notebook.

jaclaz

Toshiba Satellite L645D-S4056

I meant, WHEN you post on the Fedora Forum, also post the actual brand/model, sorry if I caused a misunderstanding, that problem is NOT related to "Hardware hangout" and I doubt you will find here on MSFN many people capable of solving the Linux related problem.

jaclaz

Anyway, it seem it is only a warning and you already got an answer on the fedora forum. If you still want to dig in this issue, report this acpi problem to Toshiba so they can fix this issue in the bios (see there for the real cause).

Edited by allen2