Which of these updates are obsolete?

Hi, I downloaded all post-SP3 updates, I want to ask, which of them are obsolete, replaced by newer etc. I also included non-critical updates.

And I have question, if I let DXUPAC.exe (Nonno Fabio and OnePiece UP/AddOn Creator INTL) process all these updates, without IE8 and WMP11, will nLite integrate created .7z add-on properly? There's also RDP7.0 and other things...

Here is the list:

upds.txt

Edited by Jirka (George)

You can compare to this list here http://xdot.tk/updates.html However, bear in mind that these are the high-priority updates for XP.

As to your second question, the answer should be YES, as long as you slipstream the appropriate Service Pack before that. Just don't add updates for IE8 and WMP11 if they haven't already been integrated. I've used that application for creating a True and a SVCPACK add-on for IE8 and both work great.

Cheers

Like Sp0iLedBrAt said. Compare them to the obsolete list on my website. Keep in mind that if you have some hotfixes (not updates - there is a difference) then my list will not list any obsolete ones.

I can tell you from a quick glance that windows-kb890830-v3.18.exe will not integrate. You need to use my add-on and the version has gone up to 3.19. I don't have 3.19 on my site right this second as I'm working on an update to the site but it should be there in a couple of hours at the most.

So, according to you list, obsolete are these:

WindowsXP-KB923561, replaced by: 955759, 979687 and 2259922

WindowsXP-KB960803, replaced by: 971737 (which have in description: "Install this update to help strengthen authentication credentials in specific scenarios.", some newer updates have this description, latest is 2345886, so I think it replaces the older ones with this description.)

IE8-WindowsXP-KB976749, replaced by: 976325 (Does it touch case of IE8?)

I am unable to find information, that proves these updates was replaced.

Post it here please.

Edited by Jirka (George)

Many thanks, -X-.

I removed obsolete updates and added missing (windowsmedia11-kb935551, windowsmedia11-kb973442, KB968389, KB970430, KB971737, KB973507, KB973815, KB973869).

But i still don't know, why you wrote that the 976325 replaces IE8-WindowsXP-KB976749? IE8-WindowsXP-KB976749 contains only mshtml.dll and have higher version number, but 976325 contains more files.

So I don't know.

If you follow the logic of the updates month per month and what replaces KB976325 for IE8, you will see that in the end you don't need any of the both; you only need http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?familyid=689c5496-56c4-48a6-9f3d-b5f5aaf3e566&displaylang=en which is the latest. As to why one would/wouldn't replace the other: even if -X- is wrong on one count, he is brave enough to maintain such a huge list, where mistakes are bound to happen. It is up to us to find those mistakes and help him correct them. At the same time, I never forget to point out that we are all volunteers here and do this in our own time. Anyway, after an install, go to Windows Update and see the result of what has/hasn't been integrated. On my PC it only shows what I've chosen not to add.

Cheers

But i still don't know, why you wrote that the 976325 replaces IE8-WindowsXP-KB976749? IE8-WindowsXP-KB976749 contains only mshtml.dll and have higher version number, but 976325 contains more files.

I don't say that. I don't really keep a log of what replaces what with Internet Explorer 8. It may very well not replace it. I'll look into it and come back and post the results.

Sp0iLedBrAt: I am not shaming -X-, he did very good work and it helped me a lot and of course it helped many other people.

And yes, I think it's now obvious that KB2497640 replaces them both - it replaces every file they contain with newer version, it's cumulative and when i searched for latest IE8 updates, i saw here on MSFN and at other places that needed is only five KBs and all of them (including 2497640) is already in my list in first post.

I think it's solved :) .