Need Help tracking down drivers for two devices.

clivebuckwheat

Hi

I recently deployed a Windows 7 x64 sysprepped image to a machine with a Intel DQ965gf motherboard.

Windows 7 found all the drivers except the following. I have tried the chipset drivers from intel for this motherboard to no avail. Can someone please help me track down what drivers windows 7 is looking for so I can put it in my image.

-PCI serial port

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2997&SUBSYS_4F438086&REV_02

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2997&SUBSYS_4F438086

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2997&CC_070002

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2997&CC_0700

-PCI simple communications controller

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2994&SUBSYS_4F438086&REV_02

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2994&SUBSYS_4F438086

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2994&CC_078000

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2994&CC_0780

Lucky you! I used to have this board in my home PC!

But oh... um... no Windows 7 x64 support for this board... Best chance is use Vista x64 instead which uses the same driver model as Windows 7. I've never had the ability to test either of these components (SOL and IME) so I do not know if these drivers will work.

AMT SOL driver:

intel.com

IME driver:

intel.com

You should be able to open both of these EXE files with WinRaR or 7zip to get to the actual driver files. Since I'm home I don't have my dox but you are likely looking for heci.inf and mesrle.inf (mesrl.inf is for 32bit) if memory serves me. :ph34r:

Thanks! I will give this a try tomorrow morning.

But oh... um... no Windows 7 x64 support for this board... Best chance is use Vista x64 instead which uses the same driver model as Windows 7. I've never had the ability to test either of these components (SOL and IME) so I do not know if these drivers will work.

AMT SOL driver:

intel.com

IME driver:

intel.com

You should be able to open both of these EXE files with WinRaR or 7zip to get to the actual driver files. Since I'm home I don't have my dox but you are likely looking for heci.inf and mesrle.inf (mesrl.inf is for 32bit) if memory serves me. :ph34r:

• 2 years later...

Hi,

AMT SOL driver:

intel.com

IME driver:

intel.com

You should be able to open both of these EXE files with WinRaR or 7zip to get to the actual driver files. Since I'm home I don't have my dox but you are likely looking for heci.inf and mesrle.inf (mesrl.inf is for 32bit) if memory serves me. ph34r.gif

this solution still works for Win8.1 64bit. I just downloaded the files from your post and unzipped them with 7zip.

Then I searched the folders for *.inf and rightclicked the "heci.inf" and chose "Install". The same for the mesrle.inf file and now all devices are recognized in the device manager.

Thank you very much :)

Edited by ihiribar

• 4 weeks later...

I know you have your driver issue solved now but what I do for hard to find "unknown" drivers is to go to Windows updates first and you may get lucky and it will find them for you and also use a free app called DriverIdentifer http://www.driveridentifier.com/index.php which will scan your system from the Hardware IDs and give you the different Manf. sites to grab your drivers..DP