Windows 7 activation saving and restoring using dism

Ok, now i have my sticker product key and cert.xrm-ms file (extracted from original recovery media). I've copied cert.xrm-ms into C:\Windows\System32\OEM and 'ive run:

slmgr.vbs -ipk xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx

On reboot windows says it's activated. That's good. However with SLIC_ToolKit_V3.2 i still get No OEM Certificate found !(Run as Adminstrator). :unsure: There is something else i have to do?

Edit: i copied the file also in C:\Windows\SysWOW64\OEM and now SLIC_ToolKit_V3.2 says it's ok. Thank you!!! :thumbup To finalize my install.wim do you think this is the correct way to save the activation status (without using setupcomplete.cmd to run slmgr.vbs):

dims /Imagex:C:\offline /Set-Productkey:xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx
mkdir C:\offline\Windows\System32\OEM
xcopy C:\Windows\System32\OEM\cert.xrm-ms C:\offline\Windows\System32\OEM\cert.xrm-ms
mkdir C:\offline\Windows\SysWOW64\OEM
xcopy C:\Windows\System32\OEM\cert.xrm-ms C:\offline\Windows\SysWOW64\OEM\cert.xrm-ms

Edited by Gremo

I run these during sources\$OEM$\$\SETUP\Scripts\OOBE.CMD which run's automatic

cscript %windir%\system32\slmgr.vbs -ilc %windir%\system32\oem\OEM.xrm-ms

cscript %windir%\system32\slmgr.vbs -ipk xxxxx-xxxxx

Thank you, that should work. However i would prefer a "dism approach" as i can append my custom and activated wim to an AIO with other editions that don't need to be activated that way.

Anyone else have tried my approach? How can i test it without formatting my actual notebook? I think virtual machine wouldn't work because the lack of slic...

Edited by Gremo

How can i test it without formatting my actual notebook? I think virtual machine wouldn't work because the lack of slic...

create an image of your with imaging program. Make sure you know how to use fully. Then go for it.

Those things work so really don't see point of testing but I use VMware and there is a way for it to use slic.