Windows 7 activation saving and restoring using dism

I have used dism.exe to set the product key of my custom install.wim. La PC is a laptop so (OEM) i have to activate using phone, a long and boring call. Any chance to save activation status? I have read that i should backup these 3 files:

%SystemDrive%\Windows\ServiceProfiles\NetWorkService\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\SoftwarePlatform\Tokens.dat

%SystemDrive%\Windows\System32\spp\tokens\pkeyconfig\pkeyconfig.xrm-ms

%SystemDrive%\Windows\SysWOW64\spp\tokens\pkeyconfig\pkeyconfig.xrm-ms

and then:

net stop sppsvc

(copy that 3 files)

slmgr.vbs -ipk xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx

net start sppsvc

My question is, will it work in SetupComplete.cmd?Anyone has tried this already? Thanks

Edited by Gremo

Since you are OEM with valid OEM key you can do that

Not sure they will work SetupComplete.cmd I inject those into my .wim. Also by using $OEM$ this is also in place C:\Windows\System32\OEM\OEM.xrm-ms

Edited by maxXPsoft

I have OEM and that can be done, it is replicating the dvd I recieved from Dell.

Actually in my case I have Slic 2.1 bios so all that is needed is plugin correct OEM key and it is activated. None of the other stuff is needed for any OEM if it is 2.1

Since you are OEM with valid OEM key you can do that

Not sure they will work SetupComplete.cmd I inject those into my .wim. Also by using $OEM$ this is also in place C:\Windows\System32\OEM\OEM.xrm-ms

I prefer the solution of injectpkeyconfig.xrm-ms and tokens.dat in the wim. However pkeyconfig.xrm-ms in my activated installation is the same (i've checked md5) on that in the wim file. Also both pkeyconfig.xrm-ms are hard links... :unsure:

The OEM\OEM.xrm-ms is different compared to other 2 files but before I got new PC with slic 2.1 I was using that method updating my oem disk with updates

Setupcomplete runs before GUI so that should work. Trouble is all I see is flashes on the screen running cmd files so you don't know if anything goes wrong unless you pause them and look after desk loads

Edited by maxXPsoft

The OEM\OEM.xrm-ms is different compared to other 2 files but before I got new PC with slic 2.1 I was using that method updating my oem disk with updates

Setupcomplete runs before GUI so that should work. Trouble is all I see is flashes on the screen running cmd files so you don't know if anything goes wrong unless you pause them and look after desk loads

Ok forget the setupcomplete.cmd method, how do i inject those 3 files in my wim? Simply copy over existing files?

• 5 months later...

Up! Come again into this problem. My bions is 2.1 but shows an error: "NO OEM certificate found!". So how should i backup the license?

You have to call and activate because yours is an OEM:COA. then you can backup with a smalll program Token Restore from here http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/11130-Paymyrent-Token-restore-for-mak-keys-and-retail

all it does is save 2 files from an activated PC and your install key

You could have saved the OEM certificate from an original computer but not now

Still i can't understand. With OEM:COA + Slic 2.1 should i restore the original OEM.xrm-ms (i will take it from original restore DVD) or backup using Token Restore? I will put the relevant files directly into my custom install.wim file...

http://www.mydigital...e-product-keys/ explains better than me

Yes takeownership and replace.

Might check if your bios is 2.1 then you need the OEM\OEM.xrm-ms copied from original dvd

You have to call and activate because yours is an OEM:COA. then you can backup with a smalll program Token Restore from here http://forums.mydigi...keys-and-retail

all it does is save 2 files from an activated PC and your install key

You could have saved the OEM certificate from an original computer but not now