WPI Bug Report Thread

Many thanks mritter for your answer, but what about : Tool tip position: Float?

Fixed position seems working fine, for me, but why not remove "Float" if this doesn't work?

You really made an awesome and hard work, like Kels, Francesco and others!

Many thanks.

Regards

Edited by myselfidem

WPI updated.

v8.5.5 Updates - Released August 12th, 2012

====================================================

* Relocated the Codebase folder into the Common folder.

* Removed Tool tip position: Float

* Added Win8 to getosver.

* HUGE Amounts of code cleanup.

* TONS of minor fixes.

* Fixed WPI not resuming after reboot on Vista, Win7 & Win8.

* Fixed Feature: Don't split categories ignores hidden items.

Use your update function.

When I'm in the command list and a command is larger than the editbox and I hit save the command list layout becomes all messed up (happens also on the deps window and every time an alert box is displayed).

post-16245-0-05368900-1344868536_thumb.p

Hi..

I have some trouble here.and this is what i find to let it work.I work from USB.

No1:

I use this option,

load desktop before installation starts. on

I use WPI when Windows 7 installation is ready,and i let WPI start with runonce.

This function work great,but it still block my windows to load the desktop screen.

And if WPI start to doing his software install,it's a black background,[thats look bad and boring^^].

and desktop start loading when WPI is finis his software install.[1 hour later].

So i try a lot of stuf but nothing work.

my last option was to change the WPI 8.5.4 WPI.exe with an older one WPI.exe date 12-9-2011.[WPI 8.4 i think]

And now my windows screen load succes full and WPI is starting install the software like the way i want.with loading windows/desktop.

PS:just a question!!! if you will not load desktop before install!!

is it possible to make a function to get a wallpaper as background if WPI installing his software??

the ression is the black background.that seems ugly,and thats why i will that desktop is loading.

No2:

I also will let the music play.so first let the music copy to my harddrive and then start playing.

But it doesn't work for me.what i try..the music wil not start!!!

If i let the option off to copy the music to my harddrive and let it play from CD/USB it work perfect,only shuffle didn't work.

So same as above,i try a lot of stuf to let it work with copy to harddrive but nothing work.

To fix this i change %systemdrive%\Audio to C:\Audio and now the music is running nice.

One trouble came up when WPI is finis his install and the music most been remove it.I get a warning!!

The files in Audio folder are removes but the folder wil not been remove.

Maby some older settings block this option.I find this in WPIScripts\globals.js

// Audio Player tab

var PlayAudioInInstaller=false;

var InstallAudio=[];

var Volume=75;

var Shuffle=false;

var CopyAudioFolder=false;

var CopyAudioPath=['%systemdrive%\\WPI_Audio'];

var DeleteAudioFolder=false;

It does nothing just global settings i think!! but %systemdrive%\\WPI_Audio refers to old version from WPi.Now it's %systemdrive%\\Audio ??

So maby there are more references to older WPI call's.

It's only just a suggestion^^.

I hoop this help you,but it's strange that i'am the only one with this trouble.or the only one who use this option?!!.

Thx for this great piece of sotware..very nice and helpfull^^.

Sorry for bad english...

Grt Whatsup

Edited by Whatsup

when I put my config.js file from 8.5 to 8.5.5 it gives error.

Have you the same error using English language?

yes, now I tried to changed line "Language='en';" from "Language='tr';" in useroptions.js but it still gives the same error.

It seems there is a little typo error!

Try to change like this inside boxes.js, line 647.

boxProgsInCatTxt += ' for="'+uid[i]+'" ';

Missing the "x" for boxProgsInCatTxt, and let us know.

Thanks

Edited by myselfidem

Hi..

I have some trouble here.and this is what i find to let it work.I work from USB.

No1:

I use this option,

load desktop before installation starts. on

I use WPI when Windows 7 installation is ready,and i let WPI start with runonce.

This function work great,but it still block my windows to load the desktop screen.

And if WPI start to doing his software install,it's a black background,[thats look bad and boring^^].

and desktop start loading when WPI is finis his software install.[1 hour later].

So i try a lot of stuf but nothing work.

my last option was to change the WPI 8.5.4 WPI.exe with an older one WPI.exe date 12-9-2011.[WPI 8.4 i think]

And now my windows screen load succes full and WPI is starting install the software like the way i want.with loading windows/desktop.

PS:just a question!!! if you will not load desktop before install!!

is it possible to make a function to get a wallpaper as background if WPI installing his software??

the ression is the black background.that seems ugly,and thats why i will that desktop is loading.

No2:

I also will let the music play.so first let the music copy to my harddrive and then start playing.

But it doesn't work for me.what i try..the music wil not start!!!

If i let the option off to copy the music to my harddrive and let it play from CD/USB it work perfect,only shuffle didn't work.

So same as above,i try a lot of stuf to let it work with copy to harddrive but nothing work.

To fix this i change %systemdrive%\Audio to C:\Audio and now the music is running nice.

One trouble came up when WPI is finis his install and the music most been remove it.I get a warning!!

The files in Audio folder are removes but the folder wil not been remove.

Maby some older settings block this option.I find this in WPIScripts\globals.js

// Audio Player tab

var PlayAudioInInstaller=false;

var InstallAudio=[];

var Volume=75;

var Shuffle=false;

var CopyAudioFolder=false;

var CopyAudioPath=['%systemdrive%\\WPI_Audio'];

var DeleteAudioFolder=false;

It does nothing just global settings i think!! but %systemdrive%\\WPI_Audio refers to old version from WPi.Now it's %systemdrive%\\Audio ??

So maby there are more references to older WPI call's.

It's only just a suggestion^^.

I hoop this help you,but it's strange that i'am the only one with this trouble.or the only one who use this option?!!.

Thx for this great piece of sotware..very nice and helpfull^^.

Sorry for bad english...

Grt Whatsup

Audio issue SHOULD be fixed in8.6.6

Francesco will have to look at the wpi.exe desktop issue.

Thank you for a very clear and concise error report.