Can't Get RunOnceEx To Run

Write carrefully paths inside SetupComplete.cmd

REG ADD %KEY%\005 /VE /D "Adding Windows OEM Information" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\005 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\Install\oem.bat" /f

Check also paths for oem.bat!

Ok thanks for that i Shall try it and see if it makes any difference, the oem.bat file is fine i test that yesterday so i shall check see if %systemdrive% makes any difference.

Thanks!!

Nope still doesn't work, it won't lauch RunOnceEx at all I don't get any errors, it reboots from "Checking System Performance" then gets to the Welcome Screen, then says "Prepairng Your Desktop" then loads into the desktop and doesn't run the RunOnceEx.

Right ok, I didn't know that.

What i had done as move the Install folder to the root of the ISO where Setup.exe and Bootmgr are. So I shall now move the Install folder to the $1 folder.

But surely i should still get the RunOnceEx GUI menu thing telling me what its doing, or at least give an error when its looking at the paths to the files?

They are attached.....Thanks For Giving Me A hand, I used WPI for my Windows XP unattended images so i thought i'd give RunOnceEx a try proving a little more difficult

Please note the oembat.txt file is named as oembat just for the batch file refference on the actual image its called oem.bat i just renamed it for the purpose of uploading it as a text file so on the actual image it is named correctly, just thought i'd let you know just in case you thought that may have been causing issues.

Edited by swain90

After moving that folder it appears to have worked, there was also a /f missing from the title part which i have fixed, but thanks for the help :)

Edited by swain90

Yes, like this:

SetupComplete.cmd

@ECHO OFF

REG ADD "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\OEMInformation" /v Manufacturer /t REG_SZ /d "Test" /f

REG ADD "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\OEMInformation" /v Model /t REG_SZ /d "Se7en" /f

REG ADD "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\OEMInformation" /v SupportPhone /t REG_SZ /d "123-456-7890" /f

REG ADD "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\OEMInformation" /v SupportURL /t REG_SZ /d "http://www.test.com" /f

REG ADD "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\OEMInformation" /v Logo /t REG_SZ /d "C:\Windows\system32\oemlogo.bmp" /f

EXIT

Or you can use inside Autounattend.xml file:

<settings pass="oobeSystem">

<OEMInformation>
<HelpCustomized>true</HelpCustomized>
<Manufacturer>Test</Manufacturer>
<Model>Se7en</Model>
<Logo>C:\Windows\system32\oemlogo.bmp</Logo>
<SupportHours>hours</SupportHours>
<SupportPhone>123-456-7890</SupportPhone>
<SupportURL>http://www.test.com/support</SupportURL>
</OEMInformation>

Or you can use a reg file:

OEM_Information.reg

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\OEMInformation]
"Logo"="C:\\Windows\\System32\\oemlogo.bmp"
"Manufacturer"="Se7en"
"SupportURL"="http://people.consolidated.net/veeger"
"Model"="Windows Se7en"

*Edit: don't forget to set the oemlogo.bmp file inside: %SystemRoot%\system32\oemlogo.bmp

Edited by myselfidem

Yes, like this:

SetupComplete.cmd

@ECHO OFF

REG ADD "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\OEMInformation" /v Manufacturer /t REG_SZ /d "Test" /f

REG ADD "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\OEMInformation" /v Model /t REG_SZ /d "Se7en" /f

REG ADD "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\OEMInformation" /v SupportPhone /t REG_SZ /d "123-456-7890" /f

REG ADD "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\OEMInformation" /v SupportURL /t REG_SZ /d "http://www.test.com" /f

REG ADD "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\OEMInformation" /v Logo /t REG_SZ /d "C:\Windows\system32\oemlogo.bmp" /f

EXIT

Well if I was going to use a command script then I'd certainly use variables and wouldn't bother with the non-required /f or /t switches.
@ECHO OFF
SETLOCAL
SET "K_=HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\OEMInformation"
REG ADD "%K_%" /v Manufacturer /d "Test"
REG ADD "%K_%" /v Model /d "Se7en"
REG ADD "%K_%" /v SupportPhone /d "123-456-7890"
REG ADD "%K_%" /v SupportURL /d "http://www.test.com"
REG ADD "%K_%" /v Logo /d "%SystemRoot%\system32\oemlogo.bmp"