SlySoft Virtual CloneDrive

submix8c

Wasn't sure where to post this as it's Software related and crosses OS boundaries.

I had an ISO image of software on my FTP site and transferred it to a relative's brand new out-of-the-box Win7 Lenovo Desktop. Problem was, no blank CD's/DVD's were available. What to do?

A quick google showed right away - wonder of wonders! A forum post that suggest this software.

Went to to their website and unbelievably SlySoft is actually giving this away! Much like a "new and improved" Microsoft "Virtual CD".

Download, install, right-click and Mount the ISO to the installed Virtual CD/DVD drive. After done, right-click the CD/DVD drive and Unmount. Done! It was a "lifesaver" (well, it didn't really save any lives) in my situation.

For more information about the features and requirements go to the Download page and check it out!

HTH someone else (it's why I posted it).

Mods - if this needs moved (where?) please do so as appropriate.

edit - Apparently this has been around awhile. I had been using Nero ImageDrive under 9x and up and MS' Virtual CD on 2k and up. This is free also and IMHO better.

Edited by submix8c

Yes, there are quite a few of these.

Clonedrive have been around since a lot of time, and while handy, in a NT based system (2K/XP/2003/Vista :ph34r: /2008/7) besides many other ones, a tool capable of mounting also floppy and hard disk images is even handier. ;)

I normally use IMDISK:

http://www.ltr-data.se/opencode.html/

http://reboot.pro/forum/59/

jaclaz

I normally use IMDISK...
I also have this. What surprised me was that there existed a Free CD Image mounting software that was Win98/ME-compatible.

Huh! Just stumbled across this from MagicIso too!