I miss when things was normal and made sense

The next problem we face, is people stealing other peoples software, which was a big problem during the 1980's......I might have been kid but I wish it was like the 1980's still. I miss the early 1990's also. I miss the hair, the legs, the suits, the cars, the buildings, I even miss the Amiga, Atari, Amsterdam. and even when the Mac we fun to use. I miss paint programs, I miss the way things made sense, instead of now. I miss it so much. I know our medical is high, and our technology is greater for it, but I feel like the world is so disconnected with itself.

I am happy for some things but I am sad for others. While I feel sad, it is almost like the world of dumb people keep getting dumber but at the same time they are happy for that stupidity.

I miss it so much

The good ole' days when the laundry was done without lifting a hand or food miraculously appeared in the refrigerator. I remember that place, it is called adolescent-ville, it sounds like you may have departed - as my dad once said to me, "son, welcome to adulthood, been waiting for you."

While I feel sad, it is almost like the world of dumb people keep getting dumber but at the same time they are happy for that stupidity.

Let me guess, I bet I know what category you don't put yourself :)

• 4 weeks later...

It has nothing to do with being older, it is just logic of how things are.

People do not pay for efermiral data, high end business users do not, children wanting to breifly listen to music, or old people wanting to watch Netflix. Then "hitting on girls" and "flirting" is replaced by the computer. It is sooo frickin boring to see people on the internet all day sending messages threw facebook, instead of making it with somebody who is right next to you. People just spend all day talking on the phone, argueing, and being annoyed for no reason at all. Like the way me and my parents would argue and then we stop, but with the celluar phone it is like the same conversation can go on for ages. When do these people work??? With all of these distractions, people are calling it another form of ADD, while I see it for what it is. People who are not usted to a product and has no self control. Like cable televsion, air conditioning, cars ( yes cars ), and even music. Right now thanks to the internet everybody is sooooo **** direct and keep quoting the **** Wikipedia, which is not real data for the most part. Like when you look up WIkipedia while the data is great it is boring. I just wish that all electricity would go away and we would go back to wind-up devices and telegraph machines.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 years later...

i miss the good old days of windows back in the time that windows xp was just released and vista was soon to be release back in a time that microsoft cared about its users and made good products but have now turn into a we need  your money or you dont get updates thing i miss it :}

I also miss the good old days - I was never tied to a computer back then - heck, I didn't even have a cell phone until the mid 90s. I do think it sad that the younger generation is tied so heavily to their devices and are (perhaps) lacking social interaction in real life apart from virtual life.

Edited by XPerceniol

• 2 weeks later...

I miss the good things of childhood, and there were some things that were better then, but a lot only looks better because I was too naive to understand what was bad.

Everything has its benefits and losses. If you spend life looking at the rear view mirror, you'll find yourself missing everything that lies ahead (and might get in a fender bender).

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/20/2021 at 9:19 PM, beansmuggler said:

... If you spend life looking at the rear view mirror, you'll find yourself missing everything that lies ahead (and might get in a fender bender).

I would have to concur :D

TY!

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Did things ever make sense?

On 6/12/2011 at 12:18 PM, Ludwig Von Cookie Koopa said:

I just wish that all electricity would go away and we would go back to wind-up devices and telegraph machines.

Ugh, it would be awful if that happened, due to how dependency on electricity developed, everything would collapse and since people are insane as it is...