Can't integrate KB2533552 - 0x800f082e error

Hi all.

When I tried integrate KB2533552 update:

DISM.exe /image:d:\7Work\wim /add-package /packagepath:d:\7Work\updates

I got "Error: 0x800f082e". How integrate this update properly?

Regards.

winfor, I am running W7 Ultimate x64 with SP1 and just got notified that KB2533552 is available. The KB article indicates it is for SP1 and well as no SP1. How did you create your image with SP1? I used sysprep but have not tried to inject this update or install it on my running machine. Enjoy, John.

EDIT: I just noticed that KB2533552 is not checked in Windows Update. I am going to try installing on my VM.

Edited by johnhc

This update is intetionally blocked from integration, you have to install it online or during sysprep

Processing 1 of 1 - Package_for_KB2533552: The specified package cannot be added to an offline image.
Add this package to a running operating system using the /Online option.
Error: 0x800f082e

the Updates prevents your Windows 7 to get the 0xc0000034 error when installing the Sp1. So integrating the update into a Sp1 Image is useless.

MagicAndre1981, so why does MS present this update to us that have SP1 and why does the KB article say it applies to SP1? Enjoy, John.

• 7 months later...

Extract the "Windows6.1-KB2533552-x86.cab" file from update MSU file. Create a folder named KB2533552 un the drive C:\ Then using command prompt enter

expand "<path to uddate cab file>" -F:* "C:\KB2533552"

The update files from CAB will be extracted.

Go to C:\KB2533552 and open the file "update.mum" with notepad and change allowedOffline="false" to allowedOffline="true"

And that's it. Now you can integrate this update into Install.wim using DISM

Don't forget to add this path when integrating updates

dism /Image:<your install.wim mount directory> /Add-Package /PackagePath:C:\KB2533552

Edited by ArnisLav

Indeed - this update modifies the servicing engine, and if you do this while installing or staging any other updates (that *includes running setup for Windows itself*), you could break Windows. This one just should not be added offline, and should be installed as part of setup post-sysprep.

• 1 year later...

Extract the "Windows6.1-KB2533552-x86.cab" file from update MSU file. Create a folder named KB2533552 un the drive C:\ Then using command prompt enter

expand "<path to uddate cab file>" -F:* "C:\KB2533552"
The update files from CAB will be extracted.

Go to C:\KB2533552 and open the file "update.mum" with notepad and change allowedOffline="false" to allowedOffline="true"

And that's it. Now you can integrate this update into Install.wim using DISM

Don't forget to add this path when integrating updates

dism /Image:<your install.wim mount directory> /Add-Package /PackagePath:C:\KB2533552

Remember to also edit exclusive="false" --> exclusive="true" or you end up not being able to add more updates due to exclusive update pending.

Winfor certain hotfixes have problems with offline installation, I have two, KB2533552 and KB2844286 for NET Framework 3.5.1, darned if I know why, I just wanted it installed at the end of my build. You don't say if your installing other software, if not use Setupcomplete.cmd With this line:

start /wait wusa.exe %WINDIR%\Setup\Scripts\Windows6.1-KB2533552-x86.msu /quiet /norestart /nobackup

If you are installing other software just include it with your usual deployment.