do USB flash drives work on Win98?

robotman5

i have a patriot flash drive (brand new) and i have some win98 software on it and am going to try and install the software i was wondering will this flash drive work on win98??

Edited by robotman5

Don't know about that particular UFD, but if you looked here, scrolled and seen Windows 9x Member Projects, clicked on it, then you would have seen this Stickie, which admittedly gives another link that has Maximus-Decim NUSB listed. These may or may not work. Generally speaking, they allow hot-plugging USB devices in and "safely removing" them just like XP does (in addition to ability to access). I can say "they work for me!"

I know, it's round-about to "get there from here", but you should really consider browsing around "in there" for useful items. I'm wondering if ANYONE has that exact UFD and tried it on a Win9x OS - you may be "unique". Point is, try "browsing" and "trying" something before asking a question that no-one may be able to answer (i.e. "I don't have that UFD, so I won't be able to answer").

Try the NUSB and see if it works. If so, there ya go (and I "found" it for you)! If not, post the question in that thread.

BTW, just for fun, use the "Search" facility (above right and click on the "gear") and search Forums for NUSB. All sorts of things come up.

:blink: DENCORSO!!!! You beat me to it! :w00t::thumbup

dencorso is right on when advising to install NUSB. This Sony Microvault 4Gb USB Flash Drive my mom bought a few years ago worked flawlessly under win98se with the NUSB drivers installed. :D