Looking for Free MP3 Joiner

frogman

Looking for a no limitation freeware program that will let me combine more than one mp3 into one single mp3 file.

Any help appreciated.

Have tried MediaJoin, but it seems to be limited to 15 days and does not output larger than 128 bitrate.

Edited by frogman

A required .DLL file, GDIPLUS.DLL, was not found

You can find GDIPLUS Here at MDGx's.

Thanks, which one would I be looking for on that link? as I have Windows 98, but I have Kernel Ex installed.

Also where do I put the GDIPLUS.DLL once I do download it? do I stick it in the folder of the program I was trying to run?

Would it be this one http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/ms09-062.mspx

or

http://download.microsoft.com/download/1/9/6/196ED536-F3EC-40CA-B581-7FE20FE84E70/WindowsXP-KB958869-x86-ENU.exe

or

http://download.microsoft.com/download/a/b/c/abc45517-97a0-4cee-a362-1957be2f24e1/WindowsXP-KB975337-x86-ENU.exe

or is it a try it and see ?

Edited by frogman

GDIPLUS.DLL goes into the system folder.

Have you looked at Audacity? I haven't used it in ages (don't have it installed any more) and am not sure it does what you want, but it does just about anything else you can do with audio. Open Source. Not sure if the present version is 98 compatible. If it's not, I have the older versions that are.

edit.

Version 1.2.6 is 98 compatible and still available at SourceForge.

Edited by herbalist

GDIPLUS.DLL goes into the system folder.

Have you looked at Audacity? I haven't used it in ages (don't have it installed any more) and am not sure it does what you want, but it does just about anything else you can do with audio. Open Source. Not sure if the present version is 98 compatible. If it's not, I have the older versions that are.

edit.

Version 1.2.6 is 98 compatible and still available at SourceForge.

I see I have 4 other GDIPLUS.DLL files in other programs, such as Ahead Nero Vision, Sun Java which I don't use on Firefox, and Net Framework version 1.1.4322, so I take it each program can have it's own?, or should we have only one of these files in our systems?

I don't see one in my windows system directory, you think that is where the problem lies?

Should I place any of these that I do have by copying and pasting into the system directory, or would that likely cause issues?

Btw, Audacity works on 98, but not good for the merging of multiple files.

Edited by frogman

Thanks, which one would I be looking for on that link? as I have Windows 98, but I have Kernel Ex installed.

Also where do I put the GDIPLUS.DLL once I do download it? do I stick it in the folder of the program I was trying to run?

You should use either the Unofficial version 5.1.3102.5581 or the Old version 5.1.3102.1360 that was originally for Windows 98. (The last 2 in the list.)

As herbalist said you should place the file in your WINDOWS\SYSTEM folder. If that doesn't work, place a copy of it in the folder of the program you're trying to run.

Should I place any of these that I do have by copying and pasting into the system directory, or would that likely cause issues?

You can place it both in system directory and your software directory. Or you just contact with Author. It's very fine tools for your solution. I like this tools. Try once again.

IMO :) the ideal way is to use a multi-track recorder and align each track in order then record the output to a single file (wav). Second would be to try the align method in Audacity, aligning the tracks as you see fit and record a single file (wav). Finally, as a last resort, load the mp3 files in a player (say foobar) in order and record the output to a single file (wav) using Audacity.

The single (wav) file can be edited without quality loss until you have a file that plays back as you like, then encode to .mp3. If you really care about the content quality maybe use .flac (remains lossless and smaller than a .wav) :) The wav will be big depending on the length so drive space (and memory) will matter. Each time you re encode your mp3 file it degrades - wav and flac will remain lossless.

If you care about the end result you may look at using an XP system, there are numerous freeware (and portable) apps you can use for the job, when done simply delete without any fuss from the system.

I have used all the methods and was happy with the end result, they all work but the editing will matter. The only issue is using 98 (this is a big deficit, creates many limitations for a good result) - this is subjective of course, what you may view as a good result.

Another alternative for a down and dirty job (if you can't get the others to work) - Merge MP3 - it looks portable and runs on 95/98 according to CNET Downloads Review :)

Tried it and get this message when I try and execute the Merge mp3 file.

Error Reading Image List16-> Bitmap: Failed to Read ImageList data from stream.

I didn't execute the itunes as I don't use these.

If you have embedded album art in the files you may need to remove it, I know the program is supposed to support this but??? Also, are the mp3 files corrupted?

Did you try putting GDI in the app (easy video converter) folder as was suggested? You might look at MakeitOne MP3 Album Maker or Shuangs Audio Joiner.

If an app needs a specific DLL such as GDIPLUS.DLL, it first looks in its own folder. If it doesn't find it, it then checks the system folder. A DLL that's used by more than one app will need to be in the system folder. When the DLL is in the applications own folder, it's available only to that app. You said you have 4 of them? Check the MD5 for each. If they're all the same file, a copy in the system folder will accomplish the same thing. If any are different, let that one stay in the applications folder.