Components Removal - How?

Im trying to build a customized Windows 7 manually but I can't find a way to get all packages names and remove them.

Looks like I need install_wim_tweak to unhide most of them, but I can't find it anywhere.

Is there an alternative to it or some guide about how to fully customize and reduce Win7 size?

thanks!

Looks like I need install_wim_tweak to unhide most of them, but I can't find it anywhere.

SEARCH

ricktendo64 gave link to post that has the links to install_wim_tweak and it is still on first page just a few posts down today. No it is not for lanuages

This is the link

Get the source code and it is easy to see what is being done. If you can't understand that then forget the source and use what is available

No there is no 100% does all for removal, you Search and find the bits and pieces.

Edited by maxXPsoft

• 2 weeks later...

You can use rt7lite, vlite or Windows 7 toolkit.

rt7lite is too slow and it is Second encapsulation

by the way what’s Windows 7 toolkit.? Can you give me ? henangs_520@163.com

thank you very much

Windows 7 Toolkit uses install wim tweak

Do you know more about it?

Hi Rick.

I have used Win 7 Toolkit, but when i come to do a test install Windows wont install or something goes wrong so i use RT7Lite although it is slow.

Anyway, thankyou for your reply.

Regards

Worf

Hi Rick.

I have used Win 7 Toolkit, but when i come to do a test install Windows wont install or something goes wrong so i use RT7Lite although it is slow.

Anyway, thankyou for your reply.

Regards

Worf

What error did you have? I may be able to fix it and a lot has changed in the latest versions.

Lego :)

• 1 month later...

I have been trying to understand this also. I have removed from my x86 win7 sp1 source with rt7lite and vlite and gotten the image down quite small but not where i wanted it. There is still more that can be removed and youl find directories within the windows folder of your mounted wim that are massive (winsxs & assembly are 2).

There are guides on here of manually deleting files from a mounted wim but the problems are that you can not delete the files without file permission errors because they are protected. Now install_wim_tweak allows you to remove those files without the permission errors but you still have another problem. The problem youl face is durring install. The files you remove are requested by the installer and if there missing you get an error and the install will fail.

I am still trying to understand if there is a central install listing of all files like there was in XP or if its all controlled by the hives in the install.wim. If its controlled by the hives how come install_wim_tweak does not work when you remove files and commit the changes? I recently removed a bunch of files from assembly after loading install_wim_tweak and my install failed. What did I do wrong?