Winnt.sif problems

hag672

Hi:

I used nlite to build my new XPPro 32-bit installation. I used the new OnPiece Post SP3 AIO 4.5.1, Java 6 update 25, Kel's CPLBonus Pack 12.2, Adobe Shockwave player 11.5, Adobe Flash Player 10.2, and Adobe Acrobat Reader 10.

In my WINNT.SIF file I have the following:

; Generated by nLite 1.4.9.1

[Data]

Autopartition=0

MsDosInitiated=0

UnattendedInstall="Yes"

[unattended]

UnattendMode=ProvideDefault

UnattendSwitch="No"

OemPreinstall="Yes"

OemSkipEula="Yes"

FileSystem=*

WaitForReboot="No"

NoWaitAfterTextMode=1

NoWaitAfterGUIMode=1

DriverSigningPolicy=Ignore

NonDriverSigningPolicy=Ignore

Hibernation="No"

[Display]

Xresolution=800

Yresolution=600

BitsPerPel=32

[systemRestore]

DisableSR=1

CreateFirstRunRp=0

[GuiUnattended]

OemSkipWelcome=1

[shell]

DefaultThemesOff="Yes"

DefaultStartPanelOff="Yes"

[Components]

WinRM=off

PowerShell=off

PowerShellISE=off

Silverlight=off

MDX=off

WDSearch=off

IMAPI2=off

ICCDSCD=off

WRMC=off

BitLockerToGo=off

BrowserChoice=off

msmsgs=off

msnexplr=off

media_clips=off

Clipbook=off

Dialer=off

Chat=off

hypertrm=off

pinball=off

freecell=off

minesweeper=off

spider=off

hearts=off

zonegames=off

Deskpaper=off

Charmap=off

Netoc=off

Indexsrv_system=off

[userData]

ProductKey="*****-*****-*****-*****-*****"

[RegionalSettings]

LanguageGroup=1

Language= "0409"

[Networking]

InstallDefaultComponents="Yes"

[identification]

JoinWorkgroup=WORKGROUP

All items in the component section were installed! They were not supposed to be. Adobe Acrobat Reader was NOT installed!

In the OnePiece NET framework 1..1 was not installed - That i something some of my specializes addaptive software needs.

Also in nlite, In the tweaks section, I turned off all animation, translucent start menu highlight, mousr shadows, pointer trails, etc. ALL were enabled when I ran the setup in Virtual PC 2007 during my tests.

Is there any way short of totally removing all of the components I do not want to install? I'd like to have the option of installing these items at a later date if I choose. Totally removing them removes this choice forever!

Also, is there another way of tweaking the setup prior to building the iso? Being blind I don't want to waste system resources with the animations, etc.

Much Thanks,

hag672 :unsure:

Hello, please attach (not paste) your Last session.ini rather than pasting your winnt.sif. Do you start with a fresh original set of file and run nLite once? Have you checked those addons "change lists" (what they really add) to see if any of them include cosmetic changes ?

Hello, please attach (not paste) your Last session.ini rather than pasting your winnt.sif. Do you start with a fresh original set of file and run nLite once? Have you checked those addons "change lists" (what they really add) to see if any of them include cosmetic changes ?

I use a clean source each time I have created a new revision. The only thing that I do prior to making the nlite iso is to add the components to turn off into the winnt.sif file.

I use nlite once to create the installer.

I am enclosing the last_session_ini file. Should I leave this in before making the nlite iso?

Much thanks,

hag672 :rolleyes:

Last Session.ini

I use a clean source each time I have created a new revision.

What's exactly written on your CD ? (Sorry I don't have a clue why that [components] section is ignored).

The CD comes from my company, and has SP3. I don't know what you mean be what exactly is written on it (I am blind). This is my corporate edition of Windows XP Professional (32-bit).

What I cannot understand is why my nlite tweaks are also being ignored: animation is on, mouse shadows, trails, pointer trails, translucent menu highlight,etc are all still on.

As for Adobe Reader not being installed, and netfx1.1 not being installed. Should I have done multiple nlite integration sessions instead of one?

Did my last_session_ini file that I had previously attached provide any clues?

Much thanks :rolleyes:

Edited by hag672

Should I have done multiple nlite integration sessions instead of one?

Absolutely no, doing everything in one go is the way to do it.

Did my last_session_ini file that I had previously attached provide any clues?

Last Session.ini itself is so clean and minimal, that it should work right out of the box. It's probably why you are getting so little responses. I, for one, am absolutely clueless now. I will watch the topic in case I can jump in and give a hand.

Edit: I was just comparing the contents of OnePiece's Update Pack to your Last Session.ini and it turns out .NET 1.1 SP1, as well as Adobe's Flash Player for IE (ActiveX), are already present inside the pack, so there should be no need to integrate/install them twice. As for Adobe Reader not being installed, how exactly did you add it to nLite, since I don't see an add-on.

Cheers

Edited by Sp0iLedBrAt

I looked at the OnePiece Post SP3 AIO 4.5.1 and it showed that netfx1.1 was in there. But after installing to a virtual pc 2007 hard drive, I checked the add/remove windows components, and found net 2.0, 3.0, 3.5, and 4.0 - NO 1.1

As for Adobe Flash Player 10, I wanted the full install including the plugin and activex. I did this with the Adobe Flash AIO addon that also included Shockwave 11.5.9 (from RyanVM). Adobe Reader 10.0.1 I found either on MSFN or RyanVM, ProgramAddons Adobe Reader 10.0.1.cab

I've got to find a way of either turning off the [components] in the winnt.sif, or I will have to remove them permanently (I really don't want to do this). Is it possible that the winnt.sif is not working as it did have problems in other versions of the OnePiece? As for the tweaks, the animations are driving my specialized screen reading software crazy. I really need to find a way to disable them. The interesting this is that the Unattended section including the product key, eula, etc, was working fine during install. You would think the rest of the tweaks would also work!

Much thanks :unsure:

Edited by hag672

Well, I checked your Last Session.ini again, and, as I said, no sign of Adobe Reader add-on. As to the Components section, I have never used this update pack, but it is my understanding that these changes that don't work for you are pertinent to the components of the update pack. Perhaps it wouldn't be a bad idea if you posted a link to this topic there http://www.msfn.org/...date-pack-v451/ and asked nonno fabio to take a look, or even at RyanVM's forums if you are a member there.

Since this Update Pack works both with nLite and RyanVM's Integrator, you may be asked to integrate it with RVMI, and then work on that with nLite.

Cheers

Edited by Sp0iLedBrAt

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=135066&view=findpost&p=881463

Actually, as Sp0iLedBrAt wrote, Nlite doesn't like multiple sessions on same source so you can do the first integration of UpdatePack and all the tweaks; test it on a Vm and if it works, proceed by adding one by one your addon using RVM Integrator v.1.6.1b2.1