Hide Windows Updates Not Needed

My2GirlsDad

Is there a way to hide updates not needed/wanted on Microsoft (Windows) Update page with a registry script during XP setup? If so, how would you do this?

I don't want Windows PowerShell 2.0 and WinRM 2.0 for Windows XP and Windows Embedded (KB968930), Microsoft Security Essentials - KB2267621, or Windows Live Essentials.

Or would the more prudent way be to hide them on the page itself?

Just Wondering!

What do you think?

M2GD

I believe C:\WINNT\SoftwareDistribution\DataStore\DataStore.edb stores what you have hidden. You can use the $OEM$ folder to copy it over during setup.

I believe C:\WINNT\SoftwareDistribution\DataStore\DataStore.edb stores what you have hidden. You can use the $OEM$ folder to copy it over during setup.

Thanks -X- I will give that a try and report back.

I appreciate the help.

M2GD

In order to hide unneeded windows updates you need to hide them on Windows/Microsoft Updates page. Then you need to copy not only C:\WINNT\SoftwareDistribution\DataStore\DataStore.edb but also C:\WINNT\SoftwareDistribution\DataStore\Log\edb.log. Without edb.log Windows/Microsoft Updates activex breaks.

As -X- suggested I put both files in $OEM$ folder and created a script to move them over during setup.

It worked great.

FYI everybody.

M2GD