RT7Lite and AIO x86 x64

Hi everyone.

Just wanted to get a firm answer. Been looking for something for a week now and I can't get a clear answer.

Can someone tell me how to customize Windows 7 using RT7Lite (or something else if I need to) and still have a AIO x86/x64 set.

I have tried so far to directly use the AIO WIM and run RT7Lite on each edition but I then go to test and I can only select the x86 or x64 version of the last edition I customized.

Do I have to customize the separate WIM's first then combine or what?

Also in relation to this were are integrated drivers kept? Are they in the WIM itself?

Not quite sure I understand.

I have to do this on a 32Bit install using 32bit RT7Lite

Do I use the already combined WIM which has x86 and x64 images? And if so do I run RT7Lite twice, one for x86 drivers and updates and again for x64 or do I run once with both x86 and x64 Drivers and updates?

Or do I have to run on 2 WIM's a x86 and then a x64 WIM, then combine afterwards?

Also what do I do about the Autounattended.xml file? how do I combine them?

I think the best way is to use images install.wim already merged (x86 and amd64) with RT Se7en Lte 1.7.0 RC.

Of course it's needed to launch twice the program: one time to customize Windows 7 x86 and after to customize Windows 7 x64.

But you can also do separatly the process and merge the images install.wim after (example for Ultimate images x86 and x64).

About Autounattend.xml for Windows 7 All-In-One, you can find help here (post # 116 and later):

http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/139572-ask-your-seven-xml-here/page__view__findpost__p__963334

Edited by myselfidem

OK thanks. I think I can nut out the Autounattended.xml file.

Now I just want to be extra clear I have it right in my head. Takes a while to run RT7Lite so I want to at least be close to getting it right before my next attempt.

Correct me if I am wrong:

Run x86 RT7Lite on 32Bit 7. x64 on 64Bit 7 doesn't work.

I can run 2 seperate WIM's (x86 + x64) thru RT7Lite making appropriate changes, or I can run a single combined WIM but run it thru twice for each Architecture.

Choose Ultimate for each and apply to all images.

Now only think I am not 100% clear on is, if I run 1 combined WIM thru RT7Lite twice will it overwrite the autounattened (so I have to back it up first to combine later) or will it do the combining itself?

Run x86 RT7Lite on 32Bit 7. x64 on 64Bit 7 doesn't work.

You can use RT Se7en Lite 1.7.0 RC x86 ONLY on a computer 32 bit!

You can use RT Se7en Lite 1.7.0 RC x64 ONLY on a computer 64 bit!

But If you want you can use RT Se7en Lite 1.7.0 RC x86 on a computer 32 bit to customize Windows 7 32 bit and Windows 7 64 bit.

But you can't customize Windows 7 32 bit and Windows 7 64 bit with RT Se7en Lite 1.7.0 RC x64 on a computer 64 bit.

http://www.rtwincust...32-bit-machine/

I can run 2 seperate WIM's (x86 + x64) thru RT7Lite making appropriate changes, or I can run a single combined WIM but run it thru twice for each Architecture.

You can try the two methods, works - only with a computer 32 bit with RT Se7en Lite 1.7.0 RC x86!

Now only think I am not 100% clear on is, if I run 1 combined WIM thru RT7Lite twice will it overwrite the autounattened (so I have to back it up first to combine later) or will it do the combining itself?

Don't create an Autounattend.xml with RT Se7en Lite, but use your customized one for the two images x86 and amd64.

http://www.windowsvalley.com/create-windows-7-aio-all-in-one-dvd-or-merge-all-editions-of-windows-7-in-single-dvd/

Edited by myselfidem

So Far so good.

My only issue atm is the unattended xml.

Still unsure on how to combine and to allow me to still select all editions in my WIM.

I have kep a copy of the file from the first RT7Lite run, and I have the second file (so one for x86 and another x64).

I know you said not to use them, but why not? I have made my customisations and they are in these files. I don't want to have to learn a great deal regarding the unattended files.

Basically I just want to combine my x86 version with my x64 version but have it apply to all editions for each.

This can be done, like this for your Autounattend.xml file (AIO x86 and x64):

1) Delete the file ei.cfg inside %DVD%\sources\ie.cfg

2) Inside your Autounattend.xml file (AIO) change to:

Example given at the link above!

<ImageInstall>
<OSImage>
<WillShowUI>Always</WillShowUI>
</OSImage>
</ImageInstall>

All availables images will be displayed and the user can choose the one he wants to install!

*Edit: Remember that each Windows 7 version has it's own key, but you can also inject the default keys and don't write the keys inside your Autounattend.xml.

I think, only one key is valid for one version. The valid product key is on the sticky!

The default keys are inside %DVD%\sources\product.ini to install silently each Windows 7 version you have inside the install.wim image.

You can read my post #28 here and read how to inject the default keys.

http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/144434-ask-for-key-first-or-skip-key-entry/page__st__20

Edited by myselfidem

Its still not very clear. Very vague information.

First the example given earlier shows errors when opened in WAIK.

Secondly I grabbed one of the files that RT7Lite generated and put in your sample above, and now shows an error saying "Cannot find Windows Image information in Answer file".

I have all the settings I want in 2 separate files, x86 and a x64. I can see there are references to amd64 and x86 within these files so I know at least something is different between the 2 even thou I have the same settings.

Now do I simple copy and past both file into one file one after the other or do I have to put in key and image information for each image I want access to?

Also is there a way to not put the key in the image and keep all keys in the xml?

PS: I already know about combining by integrating all into same WIM and deleting the ie.cfg file. That's what I have had for some time know, I am only trying to integrate some more updates and getting some of it automated now with RT7Lite.

Edited by eangulus

In regards to the keys, if there is really no way of putting them into the xml then I htink I understand the batch file to intergrate the keys.

My question on this is, is it a different run to set for x86 and x64 or will that one batch file be valid for both? And seeing I don't want to delete the starter and basic, I can see the lines I need to REM out, but how do I findout my current index of all the images, so I can assign the correct key to the correct index, and finally by intergrating the keys is it no different than skipping the key during the setup (as in will windows still ask for a key when we go to Validate, or will it think it already has a key)

Updated: I'm not Moderator (read post #4)! Thanks

*Edit: the best way, is to edit your last post!

I will take a look about your questions and try to give you an answer!

Edited by myselfidem

OK!

After testing, I see that the valid key match only the Windows 7 version you have bought!

That means if you install Windows 7 PROFESSIONAL and you have bought Windows 7 UTLIMATE the valid key doesn't match your Windows 7 version and you need a new valid key!!!

You can install silently Windows 7 with the default keys with Windows 7 versions you want with the default keys, but each version needs a different valid key!!

But you can use the same valid key to validate Windows 7 ULTIMATE x86 or Windows 7 ULTIMATE x64 if the valid key match the Windows 7 version you have!!

Inside your Autounattend.xml you can use your valid key for Windows 7 matching ONLY the Windows 7 version you have!!!

I think it's interesting to only make an Windows 7 AIO with the valid key validating the versions we have bought: Windows 7 ULTIMATE x86 and x64 (example)!

Edited by myselfidem