KVM built into motherboard chipset?

spinjector

Our Dell PowerEdge servers have this built-in "management feature" that's supposed to allow BIOS-level remote KVM access to the system through ethernet to another system running the management software. We've never used it, but...

I was wondering...I see a lot of "management features on Asus motherboards, like Intel AMT and VT and some other things I haven't looked into yet.

Do any of these "technologies" in the Intel chipsets allow for BIOS-level KVM..?

Are there any desktop-PC motherboards out there that have this kind of thing?

Dell's technology is called DRAC or iDRAC.

Intel AMT can do a lot but when i did my last test of AMT, it only had a few features of a DRAC or ILO (HP) or RSA (IBM): power management and logs (can be used for diagnostics).

Some DFI industrial boards come with intel AMT.

To my knowledge there are currently no desktop class with kvm support unless AMT has really improved since my tests.

There is still the kvm ip that can be used for this and it will work for all desktop (if the kvm has the right connectors).

To my knowledge there are currently no desktop class with kvm support unless AMT has really improved since my tests.

I have here an Intel DQ67EP board that says:

Improved KVM Remote Control Manageability with Intel Active Management Technology 7.0

On the side of the box, but I haven't a clue how to test or use it. :blink: