nLite XP DVD will not start - SOLVED!

Mobes

I realized that the Multiboot.cmd creats $WIN_NT$.~LS and this is where $OEM$ is located. I'm correct in changing my Batch.cmd from:

start /wait %Source%$OEM$\office2003\SETUPPRO.exe TRANSFORMS=unattended.mst /qn to

start /wait %Source%$WIN_NT$.~LS\$OEM$\office2003\SETUPPRO.exe TRANSFORMS=unattended.mst /qnstart

Edited by Mobes

I just tried again making the changes noted in previous post and still got the error, "No Disk", Exception Processing Message. I pressed Continue and Windows installs fine. No Office install.

Does the nLite Run Once command still trigger the Batch.cmd? Is %Source% still accurate in the Batch.cmd? I know you are guys trying to make me think this through! ;) Thanks in advance for your help! In the last few posts, I feel like I'm talking to myself!:D

Mobes

Anyone, please help!:D I'm still trying to figure out how to complete the silent install of Office from my USB. I have gotten Windows to install just fine, no issues.

1. I changed the batch command to this: start /wait %Source%$WIN_NT$.~LS\$OEM$\office2003\SETUPPRO.exe TRANSFORMS=unattended.mst /qn

2. I then moved my Batch.cmd to the $WIN_NT$.~LS folder. I did this since my prior successful install of WinXP and Office had the Batch.cmd next to I386 and $OEM$.

I ran with this and no success.

Are there changes I need to make using Multiboot.cmd? Also, is %Source% the right path to use since I'm now not using a CD/DVD? If not, I would also need to change the RunOnce in nLite, right?

Thanks

I used ISB_Multiboot a few times and I remember there was a twist in the way "unattended" was performed. I never tried to understand that one because I had no problem with it. Maybe you beter start a new thread in the other subforum. I don't see you saying you had problems with "%Source%\$OEM$\", you just jump to changing it to %Source%$WIN_NT$.~LS\$OEM$\

In any case (if you had to, which I doubt, because the source IS $win_nt$.~ls), there is a back slash missing between your "%Source%" and "$WIN_NT$.~LS".

Thanks Ponch. I'll start a thread in the other subforum. Actually, I was not successful with %Source%\$OEM$. That's when I changed it to the $WIN_NT$.~LS\$OEM$\. I don't have access to my files, but I believe the missing "\" was a typo on my part.

Hey, I just had the opportunity to try my USB using PLOP on an old Dell machine and it worked without an issue!:lol: