Microsoft Wireless Keyboard and Mouse not working

wajed

The set is "Microsoft Wireless Comfort 5000"

I have Windows 7 Ultimate x64

What did I try until now?

- Software Reinstallation:

I uninstalled the IntelliPoint and IntelliType software. I have downloaded and reinstalled.

-Connect to Other Computer:

I tried to connect the wireless receiver to another PC. It didn't work. Same thing, it didn't get recognized.

Can you help me, please?

Did you follow the instructions ? For most USB devices that have additional drivers (not included in the OS), those have to be installed before the device is plugged in.

In addition, (safe bet) in BIOS set "Enable Legacy USB"; also (at least on my Logitech) you have to Sync the Mouse/Keyboard with the Receiver (buttons - read the documentation). Being Wireless should be irrelevant (just hardware) - your problem is more of the USB-side (or the Sync issue). Strangely, plugging in BOTH USB and PS/2 (PLUS USB Legacy) sometimes allows Windows to pick them up - shut down remove PS/2 then turn back on. (Depends on the MoBo's BIOS)

edit - the receiver by itself won't be "found" - the KeyBoard/Mouse has to be "on" and "synced" for them to be recognized.

Edited by submix8c

It already has worked before on my laptop (where the problem began.) I then tested on my mom's PC, and I got the same problem "Not Recognized".

I will restart now and see the BIOS. Hope it works!