Need help to creat iss file.

kali

I want to create .iss file of the following software to install silently. For this, I’ve tried setup.exe -R, setup.exe -r, setup.exe /r command separately. I also tried setup.exe -r -f1d:\response_filename.iss

Command prompt window waits to record my installation process and exit after installation. But no one of these commands created .iss file. I tried search option to find the file. I use XP processional. I’ve no programming knowledge. Do I need extra software to create .iss file or how can I create it easily?

Wise Registry Cleaner Free Avro Keyboard

Thanks for response. I’m very sorry for my poor knowledge. I tried Inno setup and Auto IT Install before writing here. After your advices I tried Inno setup again many times. I can make 2 files, One setup file and one .iss file. So with my original setup file there are 3 files in my folder now. But I found no way of silent install still. I applied setup.exe /s command. It does not work. I tried also with new setup file.

Avro Keyboard is very necessary for me to write my own language on the web. So I need an easy solution.

I can make 2 files, One setup file and one .iss file. So with my original setup file there are 3 files in my folder now. But I found no way of silent install still. I applied setup.exe /s command. It does not work. I tried also with new setup file. Avro Keyboard is very necessary for me to write my own language on the web. So I need an easy solution.

Try this:setup_avrokeyboard_5.1.0.exe /VERYSILENT /SUPPRESSMSGS /NORESTART /SP-If that doesn't work go here:http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/setup.html

Well, I'll be! Didn't I indicate that the packages are already packaged Inno and the link I provided was to use the switches indicated with the already packaged and downloaded EXE files.

There is no point in attempting to duplicate ("create a package") what the downloaded package(s) already does. Just add the appropriate switches (as indicated in the link I gave before). I did not suggest using the Inno Setup to create an ISS (or anything else) , I suggested using the Switches!

What's the problem? Why "create a package" just to Silent Install something already pre-packaged? Please explain why!

(p.s. I downloaded both of these, no good to me, just to investigate for the solution)

Direct quote (from the link I gave) -

The switches for Inno Setup are fully documented in the ISetup.hlp file in the Inno distribution. Here, is an html version. Thanks to Lawrence Mayer for it.

In our experience, the /silent switch is usually sufficient for a basic unattended installation. But to be completely sure, we recommend /sp- /silent /norestart.

Note that the /verysilent switch may reboot the machine without prompting, which is pretty much the worst of all possible worlds. So if you use /verysilent, be sure to use /norestart as well.

(all related to SourceForge) Edited by submix8c

What's the problem? Why "create a package" just to Silent Install something already pre-packaged? Please explain why!

In our experience, the /silent switch is usually sufficient for a basic unattended installation. But to be completely sure, we recommend /sp- /silent /norestart.

Note that the /verysilent switch may reboot the machine without prompting, which is pretty much the worst of all possible worlds. So if you use /verysilent, be sure to use /norestart as well.

setup_avrokeyboard_5.1.0.exe /VERYSILENT /SUPPRESSMSGS /NORESTART /SP-

Thanks a lot for your important time. I've knowledge about /s, /silent, /VERYSILENT /SUPPRESSMSGS /NORESTART /SP- etc. switches and I can use them. I've already made some silent installation soft using the switches. I think it is for default installation. But I need customization of Avro Keyboard during installation. I want to deselect some options (Automatically check for update and Update Windows uniscribe engine usp10.dll). But silent switch doesn't give this chance. So I tried for .iss file. Because I've succeeded to create iss file for Power DVD5 with setup.exe -R command and silent install withe setup.exe /s command (adding setup.iss file). I've made a .iss file for Avro Keyboard but it doesn't work. To draw your kind attention I'm adding this here.

[installShield Silent]

Version=v6.00.000

File=Response File

[File Transfer]

OverwrittenReadOnly=NoToAll

[Application]

Name=Avro Keyboard

Version=5.1.0

Company=OmicronLab

[{6811CAA0-BF12-11D4-9EA1-0050BAE317E1}-DlgOrder]

Dlg0={6811CAA0-BF12-11D4-9EA1-0050BAE317E1}-SdWelcome-0

Dlg1={6811CAA0-BF12-11D4-9EA1-0050BAE317E1}-SdLicense-0

Dlg2={6811CAA0-BF12-11D4-9EA1-0050BAE317E1}-SdDisplayTopics-0

Dlg3={6811CAA0-BF12-11D4-9EA1-0050BAE317E1}-SdAskDestPath-0

Dlg4={6811CAA0-BF12-11D4-9EA1-0050BAE317E1}-SdSelectFolder-0

Dlg5={6811CAA0-BF12-11D4-9EA1-0050BAE317E1}-SdaskOptions-0

Dlg6={6811CAA0-BF12-11D4-9EA1-0050BAE317E1}-SdaskOptions-1

Dlg7={6811CAA0-BF12-11D4-9EA1-0050BAE317E1}-sdstartcopy-0

Dlg8={6811CAA0-BF12-11D4-9EA1-0050BAE317E1}-SdFinish-0

Count=9

[{6811CAA0-BF12-11D4-9EA1-0050BAE317E1}-SdWelcome-0]

Result=1

[{6811CAA0-BF12-11D4-9EA1-0050BAE317E1}-SdLicense-0]

Result=1

[{6811CAA0-BF12-11D4-9EA1-0050BAE317E1}-SdDisplayTopics-0]

Result=1

[{6811CAA0-BF12-11D4-9EA1-0050BAE317E1}-SdAskDestPath-0]

szDir=C:\Program Files\Avro Keyboard

Result=1

[{6811CAA0-BF12-11D4-9EA1-0050BAE317E1}-SdSelectFolder-0]

szFolder=Avro Keyboard

Result=1

[{6811CAA0-BF12-11D4-9EA1-0050BAE317E1}-sdaskOptions-0]

Result=1

[{6811CAA0-BF12-11D4-9EA1-0050BAE317E1}-SdaskOptions-1]

Result=0

[{6811CAA0-BF12-11D4-9EA1-0050BAE317E1}-sdstartcopy-0]

Result=1

[{6811CAA0-BF12-11D4-9EA1-0050BAE317E1}-SdFinish-0]

Result=1

bOpt1=0

---

What can I do for customize installation of avro & other soft? I want your advices. I'm sorry to disturb you.

How did you get the ISS file? UniExtract? (had to get the latest "inno unpacker" from sourceforge to get it to work.)

So, to be clear, these ar NOT InstallShield ISS Files, they are INNO Setup ISS files - two different types of packagers and NOT interchangeable!

You'd best to get the UniExtract and latest Inno Unpacker, run it against the EXE files you downloaded and look at what's extracted. You'll have to use the Inno Setup to "alter" anything, test in a Virtual Machine, then actually used (after testing).

Quit thinking InstallShield - NOT THE SAME!!! (go read the dang Inno Website help and download it - FREE!!!)

edit - and the Avro has several versions of that module (depending on the version of Office installed). I suspect this has more to do with the MS-Office wanting to do the Update, and not the Avro (I see no registry entry for that).

edit2 - found it in the ISS -

Name: "updatecheck"; Description: "Automatically check for update every week (anonymous)"; GroupDescription: "Other options"; MinVersion: 0.0,5.0; 

Bottom line, download Inno Setup, the UniExtract+UpdatedUnpacker, READ READ READ, change what you want, then REBUILD the Installer (using Inno Setup).

Edited by submix8c

Hey try autoit. Its must possible.
The problem at hand is that the "default" is embedded in the Package and must be first "extracted" to "fix it". AutoIT is of no use until then and is, indeed, just another "packager". So, YES, possible if you know how to Convert Old-Package-Contents into New-Packager-Package.

Here is how i would do it:

- install installrite on a clean system

- then install your apps with customization

- then use installrite to create a package of your app.

Or

- install innosetup tools

- unpack the current setup.

- Modify the current iss file with your customization

- repack with inosetup.

The second solution require a good understanding of innosetup, installrite is very easy to understand.

But I need customization of Avro Keyboard during installation. I want to deselect some options (Automatically check for update and Update Windows uniscribe engine usp10.dll).

Use autoit with inno setup wizard install (Of course it is not silent anymore but still a workable solution). Autoit is able to deselect the items you do not want if you install via it's innosetup wizard screen.

My next personal option would be inf script but it's tough and time-comsuming to turn it into an inf addon

Thank you all.

Quit thinking InstallShield

You are absolutely right.

Hey try autoit. Its must possible.

Use autoit with inno setup wizard install.

Very good advises. I've followed your instructions and succeeded. I tried Auto IT many times before without success. After your comments tried again and succeeded in one soft. But I face new problem also. Please see the picture. b29f912db0.jpg

There is no hot key options. How can I accept the license agreement?

How to unchecked/deselect from the option where no hot key found like the picture? ce187db780.jpg

install installrite on a clean system

Very nice soft. It works excellent.