Supported to make custom install.wim of HP OEM images?

I always go errors with this. Windows can not resume installation etc. Sometimes it works but after 5 installations and sysprep I need to figure out the problem...

I don't know if it is the unattended.xml file has errors but I validate it in WSIM with no errors.

Have tried both WDS and MDT 2010 now.

I have got this worked before with WDS and HP OEM images. Do you need any log files to help me?

Why not make clean image with optional drivers and SLIC activation?

Do you think that is a problem when I install program, win updates etc?

Is it possible to use another installation media than HP's OEM windows 7 installation?

Is it possible to use another installation media than HP's OEM windows 7 installation?

yea, use a clean media, get HP certificate/slpkey and OEM media and you're good :)

Then add what you can/want using dism and appslications with sysprep.

yea, use a clean media, get HP certificate/slpkey and OEM media and you're good :)

Then add what you can/want using dism and appslications with sysprep.

Ok. You say; use a clean media and OEM media?

Where do I get the HP certificate?

Edited by zeezam

That will only work to get you banned here...

Link removed. How do I get the OEM certificate?

Its in the operating system. If you want to figure out how to do this type of thing exactly, you are going to have to do some searching. Users here may end up giving you generic information because this topic (while it does have its legitimate uses) treads very close to the "no bypassing activation" rule we have on the forum.

So let's go back to your original problem, which didn't really have any hard info in your first post to go on. Have you already started something or are you looking for ideas? Where are you getting this HP image from, is it on the recovery media or from the recovery partition?

Link removed. How do I get the OEM certificate?

Its in the operating system. If you want to figure out how to do this type of thing exactly, you are going to have to do some searching. Users here may end up giving you generic information because this topic (while it does have its legitimate uses) treads very close to the "no bypassing activation" rule we have on the forum.

So let's go back to your original problem, which didn't really have any hard info in your first post to go on. Have you already started something or are you looking for ideas? Where are you getting this HP image from, is it on the recovery media or from the recovery partition?

Okey. I want to have some ideas.

I use the HP recovery installation media that's shipped with the computer and sysprep and capture that installation so it's fit our inviorement.

Earlier it has worked fine with that procedure and I use WDS to deploy my HP images.

Now I got error everytime after I sysprep and capture the image. I got the error when I boot up the computer after the process.

I have tried to recreate the unattended.xml file with WSIM and validated the file.

My thought here is that I want to use MDT 2010 to deploy my installations instead but is that possible to do that when I modify an installation done with hp recovery media?

I tried with sysprep and capture from MDT and got the same error after the process when I booted up the computer...

I am going to guess (based on how I make recovery media) that the image on the Recovery DVD only has 1 generalize left on it. At least the ones I make do because they are based off a production image. So I can see it working the one time and not the second time. You are probably going to have to start over and not be able to update your current image that way.

If you have any images that have no generalize left, you can only do offline servicing via updates and drivers injected with DISM, or registry changes. Any other actions would have to be done post deployment.

I am going to guess (based on how I make recovery media) that the image on the Recovery DVD only has 1 generalize left on it. At least the ones I make do because they are based off a production image. So I can see it working the one time and not the second time. You are probably going to have to start over and not be able to update your current image that way.

If you have any images that have no generalize left, you can only do offline servicing via updates and drivers injected with DISM, or registry changes. Any other actions would have to be done post deployment.

But I do a full reinstall with the HP Windows 7 DVD and not editing the images from WDS that I have. It should work?

Do I make to many reboots when I'm in audit mode?

Should it work better if I make my program installation before audit?

Any other ideas? Is it possible to make this in MDT?

Edited by zeezam

The amount of reboots do not matter while in Audit Mode, but you don't want to leave a system in audit for more than three days.

I do not use MDT, but I know HP and other top level OEMs do not like to help make images for their customers. So, if you recreate your image from the DVD, you can try to do an unattend with it to boot it into Audit Mode (not use Ctrl+Shift+F3) that would be better. You should do some testing to determine what the best option is for you to use.

Now that I do not understand genuine person asking, we have whole sections on this forum about windows xp oembios files and even scripts to retrieve SLP1.0 oem serial numbers and oembios files from OEM SLP installations. Why is vista or windows 7 any different we are not talking here about hacks, loaders or bios mods. The guy was just asking how to get his oem .xrm-ms certificate.