Windows 7 Migration

melfarra

Hello All,

I want an official email to be sent to employees informing them about moving to windows 7

Following is my email content, but i can see it is very weak and need to change it, thus i will highly appreciate if anyone can provide me with sufficient letter or email to be used...

==============

Welcome Everyone,

Seeking technological advancement and in order to ensure continuous support and uninterrupted updates on security patches from Microsoft, Customs IT has initiated windows 7 migration project. Windows 7 are made simpler and easier to use and has improved ways to manage and locate files and other features which helps rapidity throughout everyday tasks. It has a faster and more reliable performance compared to its predecessors.

Not only that we are eager to migrate you to Window 7, but we are additionally planning to set up Microsoft Office 2010 in all the migrated devices. Office 2010 offers flexible and powerful new ways to deliver your best work. With Office 2010, users are in control and getting things done very effectively. It is very user-friendly, and enables you to create standout reports and presentations.

We in Customs IT are very excited to have you among the initial batches and we are grateful to your trust and support. So in order to prepare for Thursday 14th of April implementation , you are kindly requested to take note and comply with the following:

• If you haven’t started already, then please take a Backup of all your critical data! Click Here to Backup You Files Don’t close the black CMD window, else copying will be terminated.

Should you need any assistance in this process, then please do not hesitate to contact me at XXXXXXX

• Please note that the migration will commence precisely at 13:00 hrs (01:00 PM)

• Ensure that your devices are kept connected to customs network during the migration to WINDOWS 7

• Beware, the total migration time will last approximately 2 hrs so please bear with us while we are trying to support you

• Beware as well that, the network shared folder provided to you for the backup purposes is a transitory storage (temporary one). So two days maximum will be given to you to verify and take corrective actions. Automatically all the data you’ve stored will be erased in order to prepare for the subsequent batches

• Should you encounter any issue post the migration raise a call to IT Customer Service

Thanks for your collaboration and support.=========================

This isn't so much a Windows 7 question, rather a business question. Since we don't have a place for that, it shall be in general.

But to be honest, no one can know if your message is correct (unless you want to know about grammar) without knowing your network...