pkgmgr command?

pkgmgr /o:"c:\Mount;c:\Mount\windows" /up:Microsoft-Hyper-V-Common-Drivers-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.7601.17514.mum

is that the right command for pkgmgr?

i looked at microsoft's examples, but they dont show an example of removing a package AND removing it from a mounted image

thanks, you think i wasn;t fed up, i've been trying to get this to work for days, and i have Windows 7 OPK installed, does pkgmgr service a Windows 7 Image properally?

i don't think so

DISM keeps giving me error 5: Access Denied to C:\Windows\System32\Config\FILES AKA the registry files

here is my command

DISM /Image:C:\Mount\ /Remove-Package /PackageName:Microsoft-Hyper-V-Common-Drivers-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.7601.17514

Edited by marcusj0015

What doesn't work, install_wim_tweak.exe or pkgmgr?

install_wim_tweak /p <path_to_mount_folder> /m

After you run that you can then use /get-packages to see what was unhidden and able to be removed like this (read packages.xls to see what is related)

dism /image:\mount /remove-package /packagename:Microsoft-Windows-Example-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.7601.17514

Edited by ricktendo64

you keep talking about this installwimtweak, where is the download link? not a thread, but the actual download link?

and i'm using dism to run this command, becasue dism supersedes pkgmgr

DISM /Image:C:\Mount\ /Remove-Package /PackageName:Microsoft-Hyper-V-Common-Drivers-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.7601.17514.mum

and DISM fails with error code 5, cannot unmount C:\MOUNT\Windows\System32\Config\*

why can't dism unmount the offline registry?

The following files need to be placed in the same folder as removal.bat (it alters the path, so it does not need to be root):

install_wim_tweak (direct link: win6x_registry_tweak_bin_v1.1.rar)

From here

You will also want to dl packages.xls to know what packages are related

Edit: original install_wim_tweak link

Edited by ricktendo64