Bootable USB Drive Images

muzicman82

Hello all,

I am working on making some bootable USB flash drives for various applications. I know with a lot of trial and error and some hackery, you can combine several. I am wondering if there is a quick and easy way to backup and restore images of USB flash drives and restore them just like you would with Acronis or some other imaging program.

Now, I believe Acronis True Image will allow you to back up a USB flash drive, but I am not sure (haven't tried) restoring the image back to one. I am not sure if the image retains what the drive needs to be a bootable device or if that would be lost during the backup.

Why all this?

I'd like to create a store of flash drive images... so depending on what I am doing, I can just load up a particular image onto a flash drive. I don't want to have a stash of 25 flash drives!

Thanks!

Now, here's another one for you. What is the best/easiest way to combine multiple random USB images onto one stick?

In my head I'm thinking I'd like to combine a bootable Windows 7 image with an Acronis recovery image (True Image and Disk Director).

You are welcome. :)

Now, here's another one for you. What is the best/easiest way to combine multiple random USB images onto one stick?

In my head I'm thinking I'd like to combine a bootable Windows 7 image with an Acronis recovery image (True Image and Disk Director).

"random USB images" reminds me of "any .ISO" :ph34r: : TANSTAAFL!

http://reboot.pro/8944/

1. Start by making a plan.
  2. Post it in an understandable manner (and NO, "a bootable Windows 7 image with an Acronis recovery image (True Image and Disk Director)" is NOT a description that anyone not being you or failing to have handy a finely tuned crystal ball can understand).
  3. Then you will likely be pointed to things to study and experiments to carry (in other words do not expect anyone is going to do your homework, if you want to do simpe things, it is simple to learn how to do them, if you want to do complex things, it will be complex to learn how to do them).

jaclaz