Discussion On Best Windows 98SE Data Backup Program

Monroe

Well, in that case I'll encode what I write on the paper. And the cipher will only exist in my brain. So there. :) Unless you can read minds...

Man, If I had a cleaning lady dressed like that...

yeah, good article, "3 ways to prevent cleaning lady hacks"

http://4sysops.com/archives/how-to-prevent-cleaning-lady-hacks/

:)

I think encrypting hard drives would be dumb, same with encrypting your BIOS, also dumb. Because if you need to destroy you're data before the cops bust your door down, it's not like you can quickly rip your hard drive out and start stomping on it. I can't think of many ways to %100 quickly destroy a hard drive. Stick it in the microwave, or the oven? Throw it in a boiling pot of water... shoot it. Run it over with your car. I have a 100 watt Marshall Stack, guitar amp for the uninformed, so maybe I could place the hard drive next to the huge magnet on the back of the speaker, then turn it on the amp. Probably screw up the hard quite fast.

If you put all your important data on CD's or thumb drives, you can either quickly destroy them beyond repair, or else hide them in weird locations... and they can be used on any computer anywhere. So, I wouldn't bother encrypting my hard drive or BIOS. You can't destroy them as quickly as a CD.

Not that I would ever need to do that stuff. Maybe if I was cool hacker or something, like in the movies! :)

Edited by ScrewUpgrading