7CustomizerLive - Live Windows 7 Customization

Hi,

7CustomizerLive is a tool for live Windows 7Customization.

This means that you could remove components,integrate updates,integrate languages,tweaks and most of the things you do with 7Customizer on your Windows 7 directly.

Read about 7Customizer here.

Read about how I am implementing the component removal feature here

Important note: Do not use this alpha release on the Windows you usually use. Test it on a virtual machine.

The alpha build is just to show you what I am up to. It will not have the full functionality and it will contain bugs. It is still not organized so do not complain.

It might not work with some of you at all so do not complain and wait for a beta or stable release.

If it worked for you and found a bug, then attach your log.zip.

Note

In alpha 3 release I added the tweaks section. The tweaks are read from an XML file. It means that you could easily add your own tweak by following what I did in the XML.

To use the alpha,

1. Start 7CustomizerLive with admin privileges.

2. Go to the Components tab and select the components you wish to delete a

3. Go to the tweaks tab and enable/disable the tweaks you like.

4. Go to the apply tab and click apply.

7Customizer features will be added to 7Customizer live gradually, so be patient.

Version History:

===v0.1 Alpha 1=== 9/April/2011

An alpha build released.

===v0.1 Alpha 2=== 9/April/2011

Updated: The component removal feature

===v0.1 Alpha 3=== 20/August/2011

Added: Tweaks

Regards

7CustomizerLive_0.1a2.rar

7CustomizerLive_0.1a3.rar

Edited by blue4603

your removing componets wrong, and its gonna result in f***ed up installs, that don't work, or install updates, just like what happend with Vlite,

you need to use pkgmgr, to uninstall packages, not just remove the files, if you just delete the files, the registry keys are still present, that's what causes the problem,

go to technet and look up pkgmgr AKA Package Manager

@ marcusj0015

First of all, watch your mouth. Second, do not flame . Third, did you read the post? It says an ALPHA release. Finally,who said that I do not know about the problem you mentioned?

Regards

Someone woke up on the wrong side..

It clearly says its an Alpha build and that you are suppose to test it in vmware or any other virtual machine first...geez

Thanks Blue, youre secret project eh :P. Ill see if I can try this out later:)

@grabben

Waiting for your feedback :)

@TheWalrus

So is this successor to 7C or is this independant project?

No this is an independent project.

@MagicAndre1981

Even if he is right. Flaming and using bad words are characteristics of whiny noobs. Anyways, regarding the problem that he mentioned, I already tested 7CustomizerLive and then updated Windows 7 with all the updates and it worked fine.

Regards

i'm not trying to flame, i really would love to use this app, becasue it would make my project a trillion times easier, i'm trying to help keep your good name, if everyone finds out your removing things incorrectly, your app and your hard work will go down the tubes.

i was just trying to inform you

how do i know your doing it incorrectly?

becasue i had a look at your XML files, to be sure your app wouldnt mess up my install, no effence

it apperas your just deleteing the files in the System32 folder, when you need to concentrate on the C:\Windows\WinSxS\Packages folder and use the pkgmgr tool.

no effence man, i was just trying to inform you

don''t call me a n00b, i clearly had information about how Windows 7 works, that you didn't, therefor i'm more "1337" than you

it dosent matter "if it worked fine" you HAVE to remove the packages using DISM or PKGMGR, otherwise, as far as i'm concered, your app dosent work, and will casue problems, if you have the time and initive to write an app that does these things, please do it properly

i mean no effense, have a great day!

Edited by marcusj0015

@marcusj0015

i'm not trying to flame

You already did. There are proper ways to discuss.

i'm trying to help keep your good name, if everyone finds out your removing things incorrectly, your app and your hard work will go down the tubes.

Thank you for your concern. Again I am telling you it is an ALPHA release. And no my work will not go down the tubes.

becasue i had a look at your XML files, to be sure your app wouldnt mess up my install, no effence

Two words ALPHA RELEASE.

it apperas your just deleteing the files in the System32 folder, when you need to concentrate on the C:\Windows\WinSxS\Packages folder and use the pkgmgr tool.

Are you sure?

don''t call me a n00b, i clearly had information about how Windows 7 works, that you didn't, therefor i'm more "1337" than you

Hooray for you.

it dosent matter "if it worked fine" you HAVE to remove the packages using DISM or PKGMGR, otherwise, as far as i'm concered, your app dosent work, and will casue problems, if you have the time and initive to write an app that does these things, please do it properly

To do it properly I need to release alpha builds and beta builds to test,debug and discuss the issues. This is part of any software life cycle if you know what I mean. Also, you don't test an alpha build on your production system and every one knows that.

i mean no effense, have a great day!

Have a great day for you too.

Sigh, I just spend ten precious minutes writing this post to say that this is an alpha release which is already written Clearly.

Googling "How to deal with noobs"

Regards

i understand this is an alpha release, i've assited with many other devolepments, including helping Thaimin, at sevenfourums, with his app that changes the Windows 7 boot screen.

this is an alpha release, as you have said MANY times, i'm providing you with feedback, but you don't seem to care what i have to say, and you continue to act like i'm demanding you make these changes immeaditly, first, i'm not demanding you do anything, second i'm not saying expect it done immeaditly or anything, i'm trying to clarify what i said, and i'm trying to express the importance of what i've said

yes i'm absolutely sure that's how you properly remove packages

Edited by marcusj0015

@marcusj0015

i'm providing you with feedback

Provide it with proper wordings and respect and I will be very happy with your feedback. Go to 7Customizer thread and see that I built 7Customizer in a way that people could see what I am doing and provide feedback and share knowledge,

i'm trying to clarify what i said, and i'm trying to express the importance of what i've said

Every feedback is important to me and I encourage anyone to provide his feedback as I did in 7Customizer. However, it needs to be in a proper and respectful way.

yes i'm absolutely sure that's how you properly remove packages

Do n't worry I already started researching.

Regards

ok, i haven't meant to be disrespectful at all, i might have kinda attaked a little, i apploagise for that

could you also publish, or PM me with the details on how to remove like the Hyper-V packages and so forth?

i can't seem to find where that documentation is

Edited by marcusj0015

Hey, blue4603,

I have tested in a virtual machine, the component looks removed successfully, but in the start menu the shortcut is still there, and nothing happened after clicking.

It should be clean at all, am I right?