Office shortcut

jinkazama

I'm searching for a tweak to place Office, Excel and other Office application icons on the user's desktop using regedit.

For example if i want add Computer icon i can use

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\HideDesktopIcons\NewStartPanel]
"{20D04FE0-3AEA-1069-A2D8-08002B30309D}"=dword:00000000

How can i do it for office applications?

Thank you

I think it's not possible using ONLY regedit.

My Computer, My Documents, etc. are shell folders built in to Windows (Explorer). You can't navigate IN/OUT of an Excel document or INTO/OUT OF the Excel program in Windows Explorer*. Think of what would happen with unsaved work, for example.

Besides, the place you mention is just controlling what to hide/show on desktop. The place where one would put a CLSID (if it's possible) would be HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Desktop\NameSpace\DelegateFolders (with or without the last part).

or HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ControlPanel\NameSpace (in control panel)

or HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MyComputer\NameSpace\DelegateFolders (in My Computer) (with or without the last part).

Microsoft Office 2003 CLSID's start around HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{00020810-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}. If you are dead set on making a try, you may place some of them in the above mentioned places and see what happens. Who knows, maybe we'll find something new. :) You'd have to find the main CLSID of Excel (there are several of them for several types of documents).

GL

* If not using OLE and/or Shell Extensions

Edited by GrofLuigi