RT7Lite Help: " is replaced with @

Hi guys,

I have made a SP1 DVD by reverse integration, and when I remove some components with RT7lite I have observed very strange problem. My "at the rate" @ button is replaced with "double inverted commas" ", means when I tried to write myname@yahoo.com I end up typing myname"yahoo.com.

I wonder what might be causing this problem and how it can be rectified.

Secondly, my bluetooth device is unable to connect with my nokia, similarly, USB modems like Reliance netconnet is also not woking.

I have not changed any of the services with RT7lite.

Please help me guys.

Edited by nice_guy75

I think it's better to use RT Se7en Lte 1.7.0 RC with DVD Windows 7 SP1, because it is more stable than RT Se7en Lite 2.6.0 beta!

Could you attach your Lastsession.inf please!

I am at work place and the inf is at home, I would attach my inf as soon as I reached the home.

I just want to know can I use v1.7.0 RC on SP1??????? I was in the impression that beta v2.6.0 is for sp1 and v1.7.0 RC is for OS without SP1 so only I used beta v2.6.0.

I would try v1.7.0 and then post my results here only.

In beta v2.6.0, skip user creation is not working, HomeGroup is enabled when I enable Control Panel in the Explorer ( My Computer) and rebuild all images option is also not working.

I've tested RT Se7en Lite 1.7.0 RC with my Windows 7 SP1 using "reverse integration" and I've the same result like you: Skip user creation not working!

I think it's better to wait the next release RT Se7en Lite v3.0 .RC!

About keyboard: I think you need to keep "Natural language" and "Languages" components also for Microsoft Office 2010!

I think it's better to use RT Se7en Lte 1.7.0 RC with DVD Windows 7 SP1, because it is more stable than RT Se7en Lite 2.6.0 beta!

nice_guy75, just heed myselfidem's advice. It works for me. I am running Windows 7 SP1 (IE 9 integrated) slimmed down by RT Se7en Lte 1.7.0 RC in my computer, and it works fine with no problem.

The only reason to use RT Se7en Lite 2.6.0 beta instead is that you want to slipstream SP1 to Windows 7 RTM image. When using RT Se7en Lte 1.7.0 RC, it does not make any difference if you use Windows 7 RTM or Windows 7 SP1. RT Se7en Lte 1.7.0 will treat Windows 7 RTM and Windows 7 SP1 just the same. :)

Plus, RT Se7en Lte 1.7.0 RC should be more stable than RT Se7en Lite 2.6.0. With Windows 7 SP1 image, you do not have to waste your time slipstreaming SP1.

In short, use RT Se7en Lte 1.7.0 RC to slim down DVD Windows 7 SP1, just as myselfidem advised. :)

Edited by alvinkhorfire

nice_guy75, just heed myselfidem's advice. It works for me. I am running Windows 7 SP1 (IE 9 integrated) slimmed down by RT Se7en Lte 1.7.0 RC in my computer, and it works fine with no problem.

The only reason to use RT Se7en Lite 2.6.0 beta instead is that you want to slipstream SP1 to Windows 7 RTM image. When using RT Se7en Lte 1.7.0 RC, it does not make any difference if you use Windows 7 RTM or Windows 7 SP1. RT Se7en Lte 1.7.0 will treat Windows 7 RTM and Windows 7 SP1 just the same. :)

Plus, RT Se7en Lte 1.7.0 RC should be more stable than RT Se7en Lite 2.6.0. With Windows 7 SP1 image, you do not have to waste your time slipstreaming SP1.

In short, use RT Se7en Lte 1.7.0 RC to slim down DVD Windows 7 SP1, just as myselfidem advised. :)

Did you try to make your DVD unattended, as with v2.6.0 skip user creation is not working and I have enabled the control panel in and HomeGroup was enabled. Though I am more concerned about unattended DVD. If v1.7.0 RC can make unattended DVD it is fine with me.

And I am also facing very strange problem, when I trim my os (please see my lastsession.inf) bluetooth is not able to find my mobile and USB modem like Reliance net connect is also not working on that trimmed OS. Most importantly I have not changed any of the services.

I think you can try RT Se7en Lite 1.7.0 RC with Windows 7 SP1 and keep all components!

About "Auounattend.xml" you can make some changes to have a full unattended installation creating an account user.

I've tested skip user creation and doesn't works for me!

About components to keep

http://www.rtwincustomize.net/web/index.php?/topic/7146-components-to-keep/

When I use my Autounattend.xml customized; all is fine!

I hope that can help you!

Edited by myselfidem

[Did you try to make your DVD unattended, as with v2.6.0 skip user creation is not working and I have enabled the control panel in and HomeGroup was enabled. Though I am more concerned about unattended DVD. If v1.7.0 RC can make unattended DVD it is fine with me.

If I am not mistaken, the only difference between 1.7.0 RC and 2.6.0 Beta is that 2.6.0 Beta can slipstream SP1 into Windows 7 RTM. Having said that, RT 7 Lite 1.7.0 RC can certainly create unattended DVD, similar to 2.6.0 Beta.

In Unattended tab of RT 7 Lite 1.7.0 RC, select the following:

a.General

Skip product key=True; Skip Auto Activation=True; Accept EULA=True; Select this version on install=True; Fullname="Your name"-PC; Computername=="Your name"

Click "Add more users". The first account is an administrator, which is you.

b. OOBE

Network location=Home; Protect your computer=Recommended Settings; Hide EULA page=True

c. Regional

Specify=True

I strongly believe whatever unattended setting you choose in 2.6.0 Beta should be available in 1.7.0 RC, thus 1.7.0 RC should be able to create Autounattend.xml for you.

Edited by alvinkhorfire

Can anyone suggest me how to change keyboard layout in the wim itself. Now I know what was causing the @ and " problem actually my keyboard layout is set to UK and now I wish to change it to US, how can I do this in the wim itself?

If your Autounattend.xml can't make this changes, you can use reg.exe to modify registry keys inside the image install.wim "mounted".

You can find help here:

http://www.msfn.org/...749#entry960749

Once done you can also make the changes inside the Hive loaded inside your registry (you will see the hive)!

The registry keys for keyboard are inside:

Here is my example reg keys:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Keyboard Layout]
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Keyboard Layout\Preload]
"1"="0000040c"
"2"="00000807"
"3"="0000100c"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Keyboard Layout\Substitutes]
"0000040c"="0000100c"

[HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Keyboard Layout]
[HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Keyboard Layout\Preload]