[Walkthrough] Nero Multimedia Suite 11 Platinum

Rico.JohnnY

1. Grab all nero setup source files (from official dvd, or from %tmp% directory after launching the official single compressed installer) and place them in a folder , let's say "d:\nero11"

2. Download Orca(available in the WinSDK) from Microsoft, install and run.

3. In Orca main GUI, click open button, locate to" d:\nero11" and open "nero.mmsplatinum.msi",

post-21602-0-32490400-1329970697_thumb.j

4. Under "Transform" dropdown menu, select "Apply Transform...", locate to "d:\nero11", open the language-specific transform file(.mst) based on the target system language where you plan to install nero11, let's say en-US, the corresponding .mst file is 1033.mst,

post-21602-0-12443800-1329971012_thumb.j

post-21602-0-61321800-1329971022_thumb.j

5. Click the "Feature" field on the left panel, then on the right panel, click "Display" column tab, then click "Feature Parent". Now focus on the "main" group, disable any of the main features by specifying a number greater than 100 to the "Level" field, which will do the same job as selecting "This feature will not be available" in the "Custom setup" page of GUI installation.

All child features will be disabled if you disable the parent, which means, if to disable all "ContentPacks", you only need to change the level number of main feature "ContentPacks" to 101.

post-21602-0-72226800-1301071597_thumb.j

6. Under the "Transform" menu, choose "Generate Transform...", save the new "1033.mst" file to another place, now you need to delete the original "d:\nero11\1033.mst" (make a backup first in case you need to restore it in the furture), after that copy the new 1033.mst back to "d:\nero11",

post-21602-0-18255300-1329972184_thumb.j

7. Now open "d:\nero11\setup.ini", scroll down to the bottom, in the "[iSSetupPrerequisites]" section, remove any of the prerequisites you don't need by adding a semicolon to the beginning of each line. Then go to "d:\nero11\ISSetupPrerequisites", delete the folders accordingly.

As the prerequisites install logic has been changed since Nero11, either removing/commenting out part of the lines from "[iSSetupPrerequisites]" section or deleting any of the files from within "ISSetupPrerequisites" folder may lead to install failure of latter prerequisites, thus halt the whole install process. You need to commend out all of the lines (excluding the "PreReq0= System Requirement Validator.prq")and install the required prerequisites using your own script instead. Related silent switches have been provided in the following image.

post-21602-0-75583600-1329974619_thumb.g

post-21602-0-59742100-1329974645_thumb.j

8. Shrinking.

Thanks to Sonic's pointing out.

Click the "ISChainPackage" field on the left panel, then on the right panel, click "Package" column tab to sort by package, shift + left click to select the packages you don't need according to the features you have disabled in step 5, and go to "Tables" menu, choose "Drop Rows".

Finally, (backup and) delete the folders within "d:\nero11\applications" and the prerequisites you don't need within "d:\nero11\applications\ISSetupPrerequisites" accordingly.

post-21602-0-92510100-1329975925_thumb.j

post-21602-0-90951300-1329975988_thumb.g

9. Run d:\nero11\setup.exe with your serial number to perform silent installation, change 1033 to the your own language id.

setup.exe /L1033 /S /v"/qn NERO.INCLUDED_KEY=xxxx-xxxx-xxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx"

Edited by Rico.JohnnY

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the guide. I've remembered that you had a thread for Winamp custom installer in the past (can't find it right now). Do you plan to work again on it ?

Edit: here

4 years have passed...

Edited by radix

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the guide. I've remembered that you had a thread for Winamp custom installer in the past (can't find it right now). Do you plan to work again on it ?

Edit: here

4 years have passed...

I am considering making some improvement in the source script and sharing it.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nice guide.

I use ISChainPackage Table, Dialog Table and CustomAction Table to remove un-needed features.

Also, we can remove the splash screen: search for SplashScreen.dll and drop all rows which contain this file name. Edit every .msi file from applications folder in Microsoft Orca, search for SplashScreen.dll and drop all rows which contain this file name.

I use AutoIt to register all three serials in Nero Control Center. It's possible to register DTS and mp3PRO plug-ins using the command line too ?

• 3 weeks later...

You can add silently licenses with "reg add" command

Register first time licenses et backup from regedit

rem if you run from 32bits or
rem if script is running from 32bits selfextracting archives you must remove Wow6432Node to not create subtree Wow6432Node ...
set key=HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Nero\Shared\NL11
reg add %key% /v Serial11_xxxxxxxxxx /d key-for-nero11-if-you-change-demo-to-retail-key /f >nul 2>&1
reg add %key% /v Serialx_xxxxxxxxxx /d key-ofr-plugin-1 /f >nul 2>&1
reg add %key% /v Serialx_xxxxxxxxxx /d key-for-plugin-2 /f >nul 2>&1

Edited by Sonic

no, keys (reg data value) are hardware independent , the name of regkey is determined (imo) according license

We can backup "1024registrationinfo.xml" ( in "%AppData%\Nero\Nero 11\OnlineServices" ) to skip "Register Screen" for silent install too.

For me , in setup.ini , I have kept all DirectX "ISSetupPrerequisites" and RebootValidator.

Edited by Sonic

• 3 weeks later...

We can backup "1024registrationinfo.xml" ( in "%AppData%\Nero\Nero 11\OnlineServices" ) to skip "Register Screen" for silent install too.

argh, 1024registrationinfo.xml seems to be unique on each system ...

argh, 1024registrationinfo.xml seems to be unique on each system ...

I already know this. I use AutoIt to deal with the Registration screen.

; Disable Welcome window which appear on the first Nero Burning ROM start
RegWrite("HKCU\Software\Nero\Nero 11\Nero Welcome\Nero Burning ROM", "NeroNeverShowGSA", "REG_DWORD", 1)

; Start checking
AdlibRegister('_Adlib')

; Run Nero Burning ROM
Run($InstallLocation & "\Nero 11\Nero Burning ROM\nero.exe")
WinWait("New Compilation", "Multisession")
ControlClick("New Compilation", "Multisession", "Button48")
WinClose("Nero Burning ROM", "Menu Bar")

; Stop checking
AdlibUnRegister()

Func _Adlib()
; Deal with the welcome screen from the first Nero start (that one which have this button text and is
; checked by default: "Yes, keep me up to date and send me Nero News with the latest information about
; Nero products and services, as well as updates, useful tips, great discounts, and special offers!")
If WinExists("Welcome to Nero", "Welcome and thanks for choosing Nero!") Then
ControlCommand("Welcome to Nero", "Installation Complete", "Button4", "UnCheck", "")
Sleep(500)
ControlClick("Welcome to Nero", "Welcome and thanks for choosing Nero!", "Button2")
EndIf
EndFunc

Edited by radix