Issues with Internet Explorer 9

Internet Explorer 9 is going to be a nightmare for me. Some people have had script errors, while others have no problems at all. Please post your bug reports here for IE9 only. A screen shot of the error would be good, too (english please).

I will try to get the kinks worked out as fast as I can.

Even though I did not open many tabs, ie9 has been closing and recovering my tabs. (not sure if plug-in related)

this is most probably Internet download manager integration issue but whenever I click on Download All (right click menu) my tab gives an error and ie recovers it..

my main reason to stumbling upon this thread was that when I want to create a link on my desktop my dragging the URL of the page to my desktop, it wants to open the page in a new window. whilst this might be the new "feature" of IE9, it is very annoying. I just want to create a link on my desktop and close the tab. now its annoying. and I could not find anything in the options to prevent this..

also IE9 is eating up my memory so much more than ie8 and opera/chrome/ff..

now I've 14 tabs with 3 IE windows. and it is consuming a total of 3465MB of memory..IE is always like this but ie9 just opened a new memory hog era for me..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Mritter,

This is the error I got with IE9.

scripterror in WPI/WPIscripts/themes.js

line 352

sign 4

lblselections not defined

code 0

Best Regards, DJPro

Edited by DJPro

JUST INSTALLED EXPLORER 9.....THE SCRIPT ERRORS APPEAR WHEN I TRY TO PRINT CONTENT OF EMAILS THE ERROR BOX SAID. UNSPECIFIED ERROR, CODE 0, URL res://leframe.dll/preview.js

GOOD LUCK AND I'LL BE CHECKING IN FROM TIME TO TIME TO SEE IF ANYONE HAS COME UP WITH A SOLUTION

When i use WPI with IE9 i have this error:

A script on the page is slowing the execution of web browser

If it continues to run, your computer may become unresponsive

I have the same errors when some programs are installing with WPI 8.1.0 (Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 and IE9 integrated); like mzBackup.exe or ClassicShell.exe or AdobeReader!

The message box appears and the installation freeze!

This trouble is only with an silent install on my computer and not with Oracle VM VirtualBox! Weird

• 4 weeks later...
A script on the page is slowing the execution of web browser

I fix this Problem with a custom Autoit Script. To use it, put it as first execution command in WPI (Options).

AutoItSetOption ("WinTitleMatchMode", 2)
AutoItSetOption ("WinSearchChildren", 1)
While ProcessExists ("mshta.exe")
If WinExists ("Post-Install", "Stop") Then
WinActivate ("Post-Install", "Stop")
ControlClick ("Post-Install", "Stop", "Button2")
EndIf
Sleep (250)
ContinueLoop (1)
WEnd

This script will be copied to the @Tempdir;

FileCopy ("Start.cmd", @TempDir, 1)
FileCopy ("Start.exe", @TempDir, 1)
Sleep (2000)
Run ("Start.cmd", @TempDir, 1)
Exit

and executed there by cmd script;

START start.exe /B

If started, it will be Loop run in the Taskbar, waiting for the error message. If error message exists, it will be activete it and klick "No". WPI will automaticly continue, while the script starts with cmd command. If WPI Progress closed, script will be end. I have no other idea to fix this error. Today i use WPI 8.1.0 and i see now that 8.2.0 has been released. Try the new version...

€dit; Nope. v8.2.0 has also this error. Download via File-Upload.

errorv7qa.png

Greetings from Germany.

Starten.exe

Edited by Sentionline