Problem with RDC7 integration in a spanish source

personaje

Hello,

I used HFSLIP from Mim0 site 1.7.10 beta v4 to make a slipstream XP with all updates, but I have a problem with RDC7 integration. Everything goes well but when I finish and install the XP, Windows Update ask me about KB956744 and KB2481109 . These two updates are for RDC6.

I would like to receive some help to solve the problem.

Excuse me for my English, because it is not my mother language.

Thanks in advance

It sounds that RDC7 (and its update) was not installed at T13 but I think you have checked that.

I just checked my installation again, RDC7 will be installed and updated, WU doesn't want something for RDC6.

So far no idea. Probably the following files will help (as zipped attachment):

- hfslip.log

- the log-output of the file-checker (if you using it)

Thank you very much for the tip.

I look at file svcpack.inf and at the end rdc7 and its update were not in order, the update was before rdc7. I changed it manually and everything was fine, windows update does not ask for the other updates.

The problem was that I put HFSLIP_POST_RDC7.cmd in HFTOOLS, and it renamed RDC7 with a zero at the begining ot the file and the file was in this form at SVCPACK folder, but in SVCPACK.INF file, it was named without this zero and without order.

WindowsXP-KB2483614-x86-ESN.exe

WindowsXP-KB969084-x86-ESN.exe

I changed the order in SVCPACK.INF file and named RDC7 with the zero at the beginning something like that:

WindowsXP-KB0969084-x86-ESN.exe

WindowsXP-KB2483614-x86-ESN.exe

But the question now is that it is needed a manually change in SVCPACK.INF to work everything well.

Thank You very much

I look at file svcpack.inf and at the end rdc7 and its update were not in order, the update was before rdc7. I changed it manually and everything was fine, windows update does not ask for the other updates.

fascinating!!! Why does it work on my system? I should update the ...RDC7.cmd :rolleyes:

Thx for the info!!!

@Mimo,

I tried also using your post HFSLIP batch file. The problem is that SVCPACK.inf is updated before calling the POST commands. Simple solution is to just rename the KB969084 hotfix manually including the leading zero.

@Mimo,

I tried also using your post HFSLIP batch file. The problem is that SVCPACK.inf is updated before calling the POST commands. Simple solution is to just rename the KB969084 hotfix manually including the leading zero.

Yes, this should be the solution. The POST command worked on the test-installation in a VM. And no changes in the file-checker was necessary. But I will change it... probably a PRE command with a small change in the file-checker.