Dual sound drivers?

HardDriv'n

Hello.

I recently installed a Sound Blaster Audigy SE in a older PC that had onboard AC'97 audio. The problem is now I can no longer use the headphone jack on the front panel.

Is there a way for me to continue using the AC'97 drivers for the headphone jack, while leaving the SB installed? I don't mind going into the "Playback Devices" options, and manually changing to the devices if need be.

Some bios have setting to choose if the onboard audio function should be automatically disabled when another card is present. If you want to keep the AC97 onboard, you'll need to set it in bios if the setting exist.

The good way for what you need, would be easier if you could connect the frontapanel audio connector to the Sound Blaster Audigy SE (that would make more sense) and it should be doable with the right cable. The Sound Blaster Audigy SE usually have a connector for the front panel.

If you want to keep the AC97 onboard, you'll need to set it in bios if the setting exist.

This worked, thanks.

The Sound Blaster Audigy SE usually have a connector for the front panel.

This particular Sound Blaster only has white ten pin single row port on it's side. My front panel plug is a dual row 9 pin (5 + 4).

Also, not all SB has the FP connector.

Yes. That 10 pin port I mentioned, which is marked as 'reserved' in the manual is actually the port where one would hook up a front panel plug. Apparently, the entire SB "Audigy" line suffers from the issue of not having a standard front panel port. After Googling around, I found that one can separate the standard front panel plug into it's individual connections, and connect them to the Audigy's port pins in the right locations.

I'll just stick to right clicking on the taskbar's volume icon, going into the audio options, and changing the audio to the AC'97 when I need headphones.