Hotfixes for windows2000

brutus1234

Thanks PROBLEMCHYLD. So brutus1234, try extracting Ntprint.dll, putting it into the REPLACE folder, and renaming it Ntprint.dl_ (yep, replace the last L with an underscore, so that it looks like a compressed system file).

Is it not a problem if it try to decompress?

The file can be compressed with makecab easily.

So brutus1234, try extracting Ntprint.dll, putting it into the REPLACE folder, and renaming it Ntprint.dl_ (yep, replace the last L with an underscore, so that it looks like a compressed system file).

Is it not a problem if it try to decompress?

The file can be compressed with makecab easily.

Thanks Maxfutur, this is what I did, the file was compressed to NTPRINT.DL_ via makecab then copied to the REPLACE\I386 folder and I see it's perfectly installed.

Edited by brutus1234

Sorry for hijacking this thread, but I would like to thanks Bristols for his work on keeping WIndows 2000 alive. I recently had a really bad urge on reinstalling the w2k on my other hard drive that I recently salvaged from the laptop.

It took me a while to find the latest pre-sp5 package that was left behind back in 2006.

Keep up with good work, Bristols.

-Lucan

AAARGH, I NEED HELP!!! :crazy:

Oh no!, now adding these 11 hotfixes results in a crash into appwiz.cpl!

I attached a screenshot, when I click on "Setup Windows components" (it is circled in red) the app suddenly stops with an error of insufficient rights. This happens even if I log in as administrator.

It never happened using all the hotfixes listed onto bristols page, just now, using these latest ones listed above.

Does this also happen to you?

Can you suggest me how to detect the hotfix/hotfixes generating this?

post-285151-0-02649800-1301261088_thumb.

Edited by brutus1234

AAARGH, I NEED HELP!!! :crazy:

Oh no!, now adding these 11 hotfixes results in a crash into appwiz.cpl!

I attached a screenshot, when I click on "Setup Windows components" (it is circled in red) the app suddenly stops with an error of insufficient rights. This happens even if I log in as administrator.

It never happened using all the hotfixes listed onto bristols page, just now, using these latest ones listed above.

Does this also happen to you?

Can you suggest me how to detect the hotfix/hotfixes generating this?

post-285151-0-02649800-1301261088_thumb.

Just as an off-the-cuff and possibly useless suggestion (inspired by tomasz86's report about a problem with slipstreaming 896414) - try downgrading Scesrv.dll to the version from SP4. See if that solves it. However I fear it won't be so easy to discover the cause. :\

Just as an off-the-cuff and possibly useless suggestion (inspired by tomasz86's report about a problem with slipstreaming 896414) - try downgrading Scesrv.dll to the version from SP4. See if that solves it. However I fear it won't be so easy to discover the cause. :\

Well, it worked!!! :thumbup

When slipstreaming I left out KB896414 and all worked as expected, also installing KB896414 AFTER installing the OS provided me with the latest scesrv.dll with no issues at all.

Thank you!

Edit: notice that KB917321 (which provides SCESRV.DLL ver 5.0.2195.7080) is not a valuable solution, since it behaves exactly as KB896414 and creates issues with appwiz.cpl if slipstreamed.

Edited by brutus1234