MSU Version Of Internet Explorer 9?

alvinkhorfire

What if I integrate 2 more IE9 language (French and Hebrew) in a second pass with the updates, Do IE9 give a language selection option whan it run?

I've haven't tested, but it seems that there is possible if you have integrated French and Hebrew languages!

You can use IE9-Win7.msu and integrate the languages pack files CAB (extracted from the msu languages files), before to integrate others updates, using DISM or softwares!

Because inside my computer HP, I can see all the files for Internet Explorer for many languages: de-DE; en-US; fr-FR; it-IT

Thanks to try and let us know. Thanks

If I well understand, I can integrate first IE9-win7-xXX.msu + Windows6.1-KB982861-xXX_FRA.cab + Windows6.1-KB982861-xXX_HEB.cab all together by using DISM command. Isn't it?

Also, you can't test IE9 other languages although you can see inside yr computer HP, all the files for Internet Explorer for many languages: de-DE; en-US; fr-FR; it-IT, bacause you haven't integrated Win7 languages?

Regards

@coucou

There is only one file for IE9-win7.msu (choose the one you need x86 or x64 for Windows 7) that you can download at the second post given by ricktendo64!

Use this file and the languages files cab needed for your silent install (French; Hebrew):

http://www.microsoft...9e-1671b6a64495

Extract the files to use cab files for integration like explained above (link you've given DISM command) !

Take care = Windows 7 SP1 needs languages pack SP1.

Remember, It's needed to test to know!

Thanks to let us know!

Regards

*Edit: If you have errors or no success, I think that means it's also needed to add languages inside boot.wim, and not only inside install.wim files!

Edited by myselfidem

Just integrate IE9 over Win7 SP1 or Win7 SP0, but without updates added first!

Integrate first IE9 and after the updates.

What do you mean by updates? Do you mean just IE-based updates like security fixes for IE and language files for IE? Or, by updates, do you mean all Post-SP1 Windows updates (msu files), including hotfixes for other Windows components?

I always integrate Windows Updates according to their release dates. As for now, IE 9 is integrated lastly to a Windows 7 SP1 image as it is the newest update at present.

Edited by alvinkhorfire

About creating a DVD Windows 7 customized, I've tried to integrate IE9 inside an image with 85 updates and the integration fails!

You can read my posts #25 and #28 here:

IE9 to integrate the Windows 7 DVD?

New test released with IE9-win7.msu and Windows6.1-KB982861-x86.cab inside an image Windows 7 SP0 with 85 updates integrated first.

The integration fails!

Outil Gestion et maintenance des images de déploiement

Version : 6.1.7600.16385

Montage de l'image

[==========================100.0%==========================]

L'opération a réussi.

Attendre 0 secondes, appuyez sur une touche pour continuer...

Version de l'image : 6.1.7600.16385

Traitement de 1 sur 1 -

C:\IE9\IE9-win7.msu : Une erreur s'est produite lors de l'application du fichier

Unattend.xml à partir du package .msu.

Pour plus d'informations, consultez le fichier journal.

Erreur : 0x800f082f

Échec de DISM. Aucune opération n'a été effectuée.

Pour plus d'informations, consultez le fichier journal.

Le fichier journal DISM se trouve à l'emplacement C:\Windows\Logs\DISM\dism.log

Version de l'image : 6.1.7600.16385

Traitement de 1 sur 1 -

Une erreur s'est produite - Microsoft-Windows-InternetExplorer-LanguagePack

Erreur : 0x800f081e

Le package spécifié n'est pas applicable à cette image.

Le fichier journal DISM se trouve à l'emplacement C:\Windows\Logs\DISM\dism.log

Fichier image : C:\Se7en_Titan\sources\install.wim

Index de l'image : 1

Enregistrement de l'image

Démontage de l'image

L'opération a réussi.

Appuyez sur une touche pour continuer...

But the integration is successful with a clean Windows 7 SP0 or SP1 integrating at first IE9 and Language pack cab file, and AFTER all others updates!

Edited by myselfidem

Hi myselfitem,

I tried IE9 integration as following

@echo off 
Title IE9 Integration
Color 0A
echo.
"C:\Program Files\Windows AIK\Tools\x86\Servicing\Dism.exe" /Mount-Wim /Wimfile:"C:\Win7_SP1\sources\install.wim" /index:1 /MountDir:"C:\work"
timeout /t 3
"C:\Program Files\Windows AIK\Tools\x86\Servicing\Dism.exe" /Image:"C:\work" /Add-Package /PackagePath:"C:\IE9\IE9-win7-x86.msu"
timeout /t 3
"C:\Program Files\Windows AIK\Tools\x86\Servicing\Dism.exe" /Image:"C:\work" /Add-Package /PackagePath:"C:\IE9\Windows6.1-KB982861-x86_fra.cab"
timeout /t 3
"C:\Program Files\Windows AIK\Tools\x86\Servicing\Dism.exe" /Image:"C:\work" /Add-Package /PackagePath:"C:\IE9\Windows6.1-KB982861-x86_heb.cab"
timeout /t 3
"C:\Program Files\Windows AIK\Tools\x86\Servicing\Dism.exe" /Unmount-Wim /MountDir:"C:\work" /Commit
pause to see if errors

and got errors

Adding package "C:\IE9\IE9-win7-x86.msu" was successfull

Timeout command not recognized (not worry about)

Processing 1 of 1 - Adding package Microsoft-Windows-InternetExplorer-LanguagePack~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~fr-FR~9.4.8112.16421 has error

see here bellow eclosed file

Do this error is due to my windows AIK (SP0) v6.1.7600.16385 dated 16 July 2009.?

It exist Windows AIK SP1?

Regards

IE9_Integration_Error.txt

The batch file works fine for me with timeout /t 3

You need to use a clean Windows 7 SP1 and integrate first IE9-win7.msu and language file cab matching your Windows 7 language version!

How did you integrate SP1 ?

And I see inside the log file:

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool

Version: 6.1.7600.16385

Image Version: 6.1.7601.17514

Processing 1 of 1 - Adding package Microsoft-Windows-InternetExplorer-LanguagePack~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~fr-FR~9.4.8112.16421

[===========================90.0%==================== ]

An error occurred - Microsoft-Windows-InternetExplorer-LanguagePack Error: 0x800

Error: 14099

The specified image is no longer serviceable.

Unmount the image and discard your changes. Mount the original image to try the

operation again.

The DISM log file can be found at C:\WINDOWS\Logs\DISM\dism.log

You don't need the WAIK supplement for this operation, you can use WAIK for Windows 7 = KB3AIK_FR, if you have installed Windows 7 French version!

The supplement is usefull if you want customize boot.wim or WinRE.

Edited by myselfidem

[The batch file works fine for me with timeout /t 3

You need to use a clean Windows 7 SP1 and integrate first IE9-win7.msu and language file cab matching your Windows 7 language version!

How did you integrate SP1 ?

timeout /t 3 doesn't works for me

I'm using a a clean Windows 7 SP1 MS integrated, downloaded from Microsoft Technet

You don't need the WAIK supplement for this operation, you can use WAIK for Windows 7 = KB3AIK_FR, if you have installed Windows 7 French version!

The supplement is usefull if you want customize boot.wim or WinRE.

TNX, I've already googled and find the info.

As I'm using Windows 7 SP1 English, I just added IE9.msu without any IE9 language as bellow, timeout /t 3 neither. It looks working.

@echo off  
Title IE9 Integration
Color 0A
echo.
"C:\Program Files\Windows AIK\Tools\x86\Servicing\Dism.exe" /Mount-Wim /Wimfile:"C:\Win7_SP1\sources\install.wim" /index:1 /MountDir:"C:\work"
"C:\Program Files\Windows AIK\Tools\x86\Servicing\Dism.exe" /Image:"C:\work" /Add-Package /PackagePath:"C:\IE9\IE9-win7-x86.msu"
"C:\Program Files\Windows AIK\Tools\x86\Servicing\Dism.exe" /Unmount-Wim /MountDir:"C:\work" /Commit
pause to see if errors

I Just finised the Updates, LangPacks and Drivers integration by using 7Customizer v.0.5, got Error 2 (Not appear into my log file). I'll post the 7Customizer log file in 7Customizer post.

Anyway, I continue adding the Addons with Window7_ToolKit and let you know further.

I had the same problem with spanish version, i fixed it downloading the internet explorer 9 .exe from the microsoft web and then extract it, you will find three files, then you copy the language .cab to your work directory. Then you have to work with your neutral .msu and the language .cab. this method has worked for me well.

It was not the same problem!

coucou tried to integrate IE9-win7.msu on an English Windows 7 version and adding language pack French.

The language not matching the language OS!

Of course that doesn't work like this!

Is there any switch to install an .msu language silently (IE9 Language)?

You can use wsua.exe to install silently the msu language pack file (or updates):

Example with French language pack msu file:

C:\Windows\System32\wusa.exe C:\IE9-Windows6.1-LanguagePack-x86-fra.msu /quiet /norestart

All options with: Start | Run and use cmd

Microsoft Windows [version 6.1.7601]
Copyright © 2009 Microsoft Corporation. Tous droits réservés.

C:\Users\Antoine>cd C:\Windows\System32
C:\Windows\System32>wusa /?

Edited by myselfidem