MSU Version Of Internet Explorer 9?

alvinkhorfire

I am using 64 Bit Windows 7. I would like to know the direct link to download the MSU Version Of Internet Explorer 9 (Windows6.1-KB982861-x64.msu).

I realize that there are links to download the exe version (IE9-Windows7-x64-enu.exe). Well, with the msu version, it is easier for me to directly integrate it via RT 7 Lite or DISM, to a Windows 7 SP1 image.

Thank you very much for your help.

Download link for IE9 final version (exe file) all languages here:

http://www.microsoft...be-8bedef8c2fba

You can also find some answers here:

http://www.msfn.org/...-windows-7-dvd/

*Edit: for Spanish language download the MUI language you need to add with IE9-win7.msu (language neutral):

Example Windows6.1-KB982861-x86.xml inside IE9-win7.msu

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<unattend xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:unattend">
<servicing>
<package action="install">
<assemblyIdentity buildType="release" language="neutral" name="Microsoft-Windows-InternetExplorer-Package-TopLevel" processorArchitecture="x86" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" version="9.4.8112.16421"/>
<source location="%configsetroot%\Windows6.1-KB982861-x86.CAB" />
</package>
</servicing>
</unattend>

IE9-Windows6.1-LanguagePack-x64-esn.msu

IE9-Windows6.1-LanguagePack-x86-esn.msu

Same link given by MagicAndre1981.

Windows Internet Explorer 9 Language Packs for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2

*Edit: Download link updated

Edited by myselfidem

why don't you download the full exe from the Downloadcenter and run /X:C:\IE9 to extract the IE9.

I understand that. However, the end result is a cab file. The current version of RT 7 Lite cannot integrate cab file. That is why I prefer the MSU version over both full exe and cab version.

Anyway, thanks for your suggestion, MagicAndre1981. :)

Download link for IE9 final version (exe file) all languages here:

http://www.microsoft...be-8bedef8c2fba

You can also find some answers here:

http://www.msfn.org/...-windows-7-dvd/

*Edit: for Spanish language download the MUI language you need to add with IE9-win7.msu (language neutral):

Example Windows6.1-KB982861-x86.xml inside IE9-win7.msu

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<unattend xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:unattend">
<servicing>
<package action="install">
<assemblyIdentity buildType="release" language="neutral" name="Microsoft-Windows-InternetExplorer-Package-TopLevel" processorArchitecture="x86" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" version="9.4.8112.16421"/>
<source location="%configsetroot%\Windows6.1-KB982861-x86.CAB" />
</package>
</servicing>
</unattend>

IE9-Windows6.1-LanguagePack-x64-esn.msu

IE9-Windows6.1-LanguagePack-x86-esn.msu

Same link given by MagicAndre1981.

Windows Internet Explorer 9 Language Packs for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2

Hi, I want you to explain better, how to do that with a program? I tried to integrate the IE9.MSU and spanish MUI with rt7lite like a update, but the resulting language is English not Spanish.

Do you mean that extracting the IE9-win7.msu and modify. xlm found inside maybe working? but my question is: How do I get the .xlm file?

thank you and excuse my English.

Edited by jazh23

If the language came out English that means the MUI did not integrate (maybe because RT7Lite tried to integrate the LP before the IE9)

You dont have to do anything special for it to be set to Spanish, it should check what OS your lang is set to and use that language for IE9...try reinstalling the LP and reboot

@alvinkhorfire, check the second post for direct links to MSU's

Edited by ricktendo64

Hi, I want you to explain better, how to do that with a program? I tried to integrate the IE9.MSU and spanish MUI with rt7lite like a update, but the resulting language is English not Spanish.

Do you mean that extracting the IE9-win7.msu and modify. xlm found inside maybe working? but my question is: How do I get the .xlm file?

After testing I see that we can't integrate the MUI language with the msu file (Error 50, unattend file not found)!

1) First, It's needed to extract the files inside MUI language file:

Example with french language :

C:\IE9-Windows6.1-LanguagePack-x86-fra.msu /extract:C:\IE9

Use a batch to integrate the files with DISM

Integrate first IE9-win7.msu

and after the file Windows6.1-KB982861-x86.cab (extracted from IE9-Windows6.1-LanguagePack-x86-fra.msu)

Adapt to your needs (paths and x86 or x64 versions and index):

IE9.cmd

@echo off
Color 0A
echo.
"C:\Program Files\Windows AIK\Tools\x86\Servicing\Dism.exe" /Mount-Wim /Wimfile:"C:\Se7en_SP1\sources\install.wim" /index:1 /MountDir:"C:\work"
timeout /t 3
"C:\Program Files\Windows AIK\Tools\x86\Servicing\Dism.exe" /Image:"C:\work" /Add-Package /PackagePath:"C:\IE9\IE9-win7.msu"
timeout /t 3
"C:\Program Files\Windows AIK\Tools\x86\Servicing\Dism.exe" /Image:"C:\work" /Add-Package /PackagePath:"C:\IE9\Windows6.1-KB982861-x86.cab"
timeout /t 3
"C:\Program Files\Windows AIK\Tools\x86\Servicing\Dism.exe" /Unmount-Wim /MountDir:"C:\work" /Commit
pause to see if errors

IE9 integration Images

IE9 installed Image

Voilà!

The integration will be successful :thumbup

Edited by myselfidem

After testing I see that we can't integrate the MUI language with the msu file (Error 50, unattend file not found)!

1) First, It's needed to extract the files inside MUI language file:

Example with french language :

C:\IE9-Windows6.1-LanguagePack-x86-fra.msu /extract:C:\IE9

Use a batch to integrate the files with DISM

Integrate first IE9-win7.msu

and after the file Windows6.1-KB982861-x86.cab (extracted from IE9-Windows6.1-LanguagePack-x86-fra.msu)

Adapt to your needs (paths and x86 or x64 versions and index):

IE9.cmd

@echo off
Color 0A
echo.
"C:\Program Files\Windows AIK\Tools\x86\Servicing\Dism.exe" /Mount-Wim /Wimfile:"C:\Se7en_SP1\sources\install.wim" /index:1 /MountDir:"C:\work"
timeout /t 3
"C:\Program Files\Windows AIK\Tools\x86\Servicing\Dism.exe" /Image:"C:\work" /Add-Package /PackagePath:"C:\IE9\IE9-win7.msu"
timeout /t 3
"C:\Program Files\Windows AIK\Tools\x86\Servicing\Dism.exe" /Image:"C:\work" /Add-Package /PackagePath:"C:\IE9\Windows6.1-KB982861-x86.cab"
timeout /t 3
"C:\Program Files\Windows AIK\Tools\x86\Servicing\Dism.exe" /Unmount-Wim /MountDir:"C:\work" /Commit
pause to see if errors

IE9 integration Images

IE9 installed Image

Voilà!

The integration will be successful :thumbup

Thanks but it's too advanced for me, I could only extract the file Windows6.1-KB982861-x64, but I can't use the command DISM and neither program batch .

I'll wait to microsoft release a IE9.MSU in Spanish to integrate with rt7lite, thanks again...