CabLib Extract Error SYSOC.inf

vbman213

so I have been working on making my own custom nLited XP disk this afternoon and I keep running into a snag.

Basically when I am "building" the install, I get a few CabLib Extract errors... "Make sure they are not damaged or tampered with. Would you like to try again by renaming them"... I forgot to take screenshots of them, but they read something like that...

Interestingly enough, the "rename" attempt seemed to work and it produced a fully functional ISO image.

I'm just wondering why this keeps happening?

Thanks

Sounds like you may be running into one or both of the following two errors from nLite:

• "H-The process cannot access the file '<SourceDirectory>\SVCPACK.INF' because it is being used by another process."
  • "CabLib Extract ERROR while extracting files from cabinet archive: Failure writing to target file"

Some antivirus products interfere with nLite and cause these errors. Try disabling your antivirus product temporarily and running nLite again on a fresh copy of your source.

Yep, my latest build just worked successfully! I'm tweaked and fully updated to Feb 2011. Also integrated Intel RST Drivers.

It was definitely my Microsoft Security Essentials.

Thanks!