Integrating Windows Updates

vipejc

-X- Thank you, I got it from your Mediafire link. I don't know if it is working 100%. I noticed a few entries that read "Unknown Host". They were pointing to your website. After running it I ended up with 92 files excluding the Udc.cmd and wget.exe files in the directory. I thought your older one had something in it that said something about Adobe Flash but I am probably mistaken as it has been awhile since I slipstreamed XP.

Edited by kwheeler7

I just start try out nLite and save me over 10hrs on a Dell D600. After integration with UDC tool, I found that it still needs over 80 patches and updates. I copied down the missing patches and wondering how the UDC missed so many? Further, nLite cannot integrate Dell system file (no ‘inf’ file). I will do it manually, unless some here can help me here. This is my first try and will improve from this experienced.

After integration with UDC tool, I found that it still needs over 80 patches and updates

That's not possible unless you are using SP2. Once you add all the items that the UDC tool downloads you should only be left with http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2524375 as I haven't gotten around to it yet.

Please attach your last session.ini.

Thank you for your reply. I check. Sp3 was integrated. There are a few liveable glitches beside the missing updates. Intel Pro/wireless and Dell notebook system driver also missing, I managed to install both manually without any problem. All add-ons failed to integrate (erase, CClean, Beclean, Videolan, unlock, and a few others). Overall I am very happy with nLite. It saves me many hours. I will slipstream another one after your reply. Thanks again :-)

PS: I dunno where the last session ini kept?

Edited by xcobt

I am having a hard time navigating around MSFN. I download the installer and leave a replied. nLite cannot find the "inf" in "R171887" and R105328 from folders. No errors or pop-up. I made a copy with Dell XP PRO original Reinstallation CD and saved it. I have about 5 sessions same copy before I complete it. Each secession I check files and drivers saved in my computer and at Dell's support site. I also make a mistake using multiple files when extracting drivers. I am extremely, please on my first attempt. I will make another copy after I find out whether it can include the two missing drivers. I also need to find out why all utilities with “.EXE” cannot be integrated. When I Add-on these utilities, it wanted to install on my faster Dell D620 (with pop-up), where I did all the work. I decide to skip it for now on my first attempt. I hope I have correctly describe everything. Thank you.

I also need to find out why all utilities with “.EXE” cannot be integrated. When I Add-on these utilities,....
They will not integrate if you are using the original installer; you need to use an add-on. Here's a good website to get them http://www.winaddons.com/nlite-addons There are a few in my signature as well.

Cheers

Thanks for the URL and I see as few add-on I can use. I still like to know if I can use installer "Delldriver_ADDON.7zI" and a brief description or should I discard it? I am afraid if I click on "DellDriver.exe" it may install on the D620 which require a different driver.

Just to be clear. I am making a slipstream DVD for Dell D600, will make another one for D620 later. I appreciate your help and try to extract as much information from you as possible. Cheers

Edit: I just found your replied to my other post (shouldn't have done it, sorry). I now understand, I will have to install the Intel wireless driver separately after I clean install D600. Beat spending 10 hours or more each time I clean install.

Edited by xcobt

Look at this guide http://win-x.co.cc/nliteimages.html pic #6. This is where you add the XP updates, but also the add-ons. Put the driver add-on I prepared inside that window and it will install the driver. For drivers that have an .inf file, use the screen on pic #9; have a folder Drivers and sub-folders for every driver you have. On screen #9, click Insert and choose Multiple driver folder. Also, there is a guide to nLite in this sticky http://www.msfn.org/...eference-guide/ (post #1), so try to find the information there before your next question.

Edit: this is the Intel wireless driver made into an add-on http://www.mediafire.com/file/ys76x3u7la5s42o/INTEL_WIRELESS_ADDON.7z Add it to the screen from pic #6

Cheers

Edited by Sp0iLedBrAt

Thank you Sp0iLedBr. I have bookmarks both links, downloaded Intel_wireless_addon.7z. and will be back after I resolve Dell caddy SATA 500GB HD problem that I bought yesterday. I am extremely thankful for both add-on. "Delldriver_ADDON.7zI" can be use on D600 and D620. I still may have some add-on issues later. Cheers to you too :-)