9x members? is there xp member's proj somewhere?

9x members? is there xp member's proj somewhere? Some bugs are not likely to get fixed by MS XP...

Can some files from 9x get used in XP? which can fix something from above link? I've given up on google...

What the HECK is the actual question(s)? :unsure:

This Forum:

MSFN Forum> Microsoft Software Products> Windows 95/98/98SE/ME> Windows 9x Member Projects

http://www.msfn.org/board/forum/91-windows-9x-member-projects/

Corresponds loosely to this one:

MSFN Forum > Member Contributed Projects

http://www.msfn.org/board/forum/102-member-contributed-projects/

It has been moved to inside the Windows 95/98/98SE/ME as it is of limited popularity and practically used by a small number of aficionados :)-

And normally NO, you CANNOT use 9x files on XP, but you may want to try using NT 4.00 or 2K ones, example:

but I don't think that any "old version" will solve any of your "problems".

At first glance, it seems to me that most of your problems derive from using Explorer, either as shell or as filemanager.

What was the sense of double posting? :unsure:

jaclaz

I don't believe that there's an equivalent to the 9X members projects section, but specifically for XP at this time, at least not here. Given XPs popularity, it's entirely possible that such projects will appear after support completely ends.

What the HECK is the actual question(s)? :unsure:

This Forum:

MSFN Forum> Microsoft Software Products> Windows 95/98/98SE/ME> Windows 9x Member Projects

http://www.msfn.org/board/forum/91-windows-9x-member-projects/

Corresponds loosely to this one:

MSFN Forum > Member Contributed Projects

http://www.msfn.org/board/forum/102-member-contributed-projects/

It has been moved to inside the Windows 95/98/98SE/ME as it is of limited popularity and practically used by a small number of aficionados :)-

And normally NO, you CANNOT use 9x files on XP, but you may want to try using NT 4.00 or 2K ones, example:

but I don't think that any "old version" will solve any of your "problems".

At first glance, it seems to me that most of your problems derive from using Explorer, either as shell or as filemanager.

What was the sense of double posting? :unsure:

jaclaz

You know, 2K files may solve it IF 2K doesn't have these problems (link mentioned in first post) and most of these problems i see, probably comes from registry or the way explorer.exe was modified in XP to read/save settings in registry but i clearly remember reading w98 saves folder window size and reads it right from registry. If someone from around here, has already faced these, solution may exist "somewhere"

First thread post was to directly ask for solution, this thread however asks for "XP Member projects" (given the common goal for modding/replacing OS for better usage, i thought this place may link me to such area easier, if it exists).

@herbalist: Wasn't XP support ended already??? You go to neowin, mention "XP" anywhere and they will stampede on you... :D (even laptops, computers etc stopped preinstalling XPs). I've found GUI mod projects long back (FlayAKite OSX, Inspirat etc) surely something must be "out" there...

Edited by lama

As Microsoft's plans of forced obsolescence regarding Windows XP pick up steam, having XP member projects would almost have to be a necessity. Especially a project similar to KernelEx. One has already been started named Alky for Applications, but hasn't been developed much. I'm sure if there is any desire to adopt IE9 on XP, such a project will be forced to completion, since the demand and possibility got mentioned. It would require as much adamant advocation as those in the 9X group, but I'm sure there would be enough.

I was hoping for DirectX 11/12 to be available for XP (since DXVA2 etc) is interesting. Browser-wise, I've moved to Portable Opera. It was a headache when all bookmarks, emails, browser settings were suppose to be set upon every nasty OS install. At least, this is not longer a problem in portable apps...