Add Right click .wim Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1

You need to be running Windows 7 or Windows 8 with UAC ON or OFF

A cascading menu to right click a .wim file to mount and do other things.
Win 7/Win 8 has Dism.exe included in System32 folder so no need for the WAIK to be installed. Unless you need the separate tools it is a 1.66 GB xml checker that gives errors
Note: You will need the WAIK if you want the IMAGEX options
You can download Imagex.exe and drop in system32 folder as part of Windows Assessment and Deployment Kit (ADK) for Windows® 8
Get this adksetup.exe download and I just selected deployment tools.

CMD /C Start /Wait %SystemDrive%\APPS\MS_ADK_WIN_8\adksetup.exe /features OptionId.DeploymentTools /norestart /q /ceip off
A plus to that is you don't need a 1GB + download, was 80mb installed here and includes WSIM for xml editing. - minus is you need .NET4 ;(
post-9484-0-54546300-1350384181_thumb.pn

I set to C:\zMountDir where it will be at bottom of drive in windows explorer to find easier. You must edit this if Mount folder is somewhere else
NOTE: You really don't want a buried folder with blank spaces in it cause error can occur. Been there done that type of thing.

Cleanup + Delete zMountDir - On 64 bit I have had trouble dismount or mounting after a dismount. I use this to Dism /Cleanup-Wim and clean the registry then delete zMountDir. As long as it save's it is ok, just the dismount occasionally get's error. I have installed many times with no problems

now my right click on a .wim and will only be on any .wim

post-9484-0-20866400-1368722651_thumb.pn
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I would use the .Wim Info first so you see the images loaded in the .wim
Example of install.wim X64

Index : 1Name : Windows 7 HOMEBASICDescription : Windows 7 HOMEBASICSize : 11,707,704,502 bytesIndex : 2Name : Windows 7 HOMEPREMIUMDescription : Windows 7 HOMEPREMIUMSize : 12,220,130,696 bytesIndex : 3Name : Windows 7 PROFESSIONALDescription : Windows 7 PROFESSIONALSize : 12,120,429,592 bytesIndex : 4Name : Windows 7 ULTIMATEDescription : Windows 7 ULTIMATESize : 12,283,036,052 bytes.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inject Drivers added 3/10/2011
Create a C:\Drivers folder and add all your drivers extracted there under separate folders that include an .inf. You may edit that to D:\Drivers or whatever. Most OEM include a folder with all Driver's and they will be located here

Searching for driver packages to install...Found 2 driver package(s) to install.Installing 1 of 2 - C:\Drivers\C7112964.inf: The driver package was successfully installed.Installing 2 of 2 - C:\Drivers\CH112964.inf: The driver package was successfully installed.The operation completed successfully.

NEW wimrightclick.reg added plus the uninstall

Now the IMAGEX compress export which deletes the [Files] folder also
You delete boot.wim after and rename the boot.wim.new to boot.wim

Exporting: [D:\Se7en_UA\uaDVD\sources\boot.wim, *] ->[D:\Se7en_UA\uaDVD\sources\boot.wim.new][ 100% ] Exporting progressSuccessfully exported image #1.[ 100% ] Exporting progressSuccessfully exported image #2.Total elapsed time: less than 1 sec
; © maxXPsoft on 3/6/2011; Changelog;   Add Right click .wim Windows 7 and now Windows 8 with UAC ON;;    3/10/2011 Add-Driver's added; 3/13/2011 Fix showing up on non .wim files. Use wimrightclick - Uninstall.reg first to cleanup wrong entries.;   Added opening Dism.log folder. You can delete before running or open with your favorite editor. I use Notepad++; 3/16/2011 Added and working Windows Update/Language or other Add-Package *.cab *.msu.;   Create a folder C:\zPackage or modify this to your package folder; 3/18/2011 Now working with UAC on and raises a uac prompt all except .Wim Info. I can't get Dism to pause.;   Added creating C:\zPackage and C:\zMountDir; 3/23/2011 Added Get-Drivers To Desktop, Get-Packages To Desktop, Get-Features To Desktop. Must be Mounted; 3/26/2011 Fix Cleanup + Delete zMountDir command; 4/3/2011 Found the list was too long and bottom items was not working. I combined some things.;   Run the .wimrightclick - Uninstall.reg first; 4/12/11 Fix Drivers Packages Features To Desktop found by jbm; 4/8/2012 To use Imagex from Program files location use this registry instead.;   [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\CommandStore\shell\IMAGEX compress export\command];   @="\"C:\\Program Files\\Windows AIK\\Tools\\amd64\\imagex\" /export \"%1\" * \"%1\".new" ;   Also if you have UAC turned on it might need admin shield like my example for Dism; 6/28/12 Fix minor issue with Shell\.Wim\command found by myselfidem; 9/17/12 Modify Mounting of Image suggestion by MrJinje is now 'Mount RW = Enter Image Index #'; 10/13/12 Add icons to commands. Rewrite commands using powershell so would work with UAC on. Added Admin shield to powershell.exe; 10/14/12 Fix Imagex commands. I prefer right now to use Imagex for export cause new dism does it 1 at a time.;   You can download Imagex.exe and drop in system32 folder as part of Windows Assessment and Deployment Kit (ADK) for Windows® 8;   Get this download and I just selected deployment tools. http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30652;   A plus to that is you don't need a 1GB + download, was 80mb here and includes WSIM for xml editing. - minus is you need .NET4 ;(; 10/15/12 Fix Drivers Packages Features To Desktop; 10/24/12 Updated to use Language from system32\Dism\ dll's. Run the .wimrightclick - Uninstall.reg first.;   You can modify this to use your language. To change to German (de-DE) just edit ALL "MUIVerb";      "MUIVerb"="@C:\\Windows\\System32\\Dism\\WimProvider.dll,-101";        change to;      "MUIVerb"="@C:\\Windows\\System32\\Dism\\de-DE\\WimProvider.dll.mui,-101";   Must ADD the .mui. I use different dll on some so be carefull;   You may need to manually mod the file "MUIVerb"="Ajoute des packages de pilotes à une image hors connexion."; 03/30/2013;   Updated adding /Table format;   Added Sleep to some functions and Stop on some. After some operations like adding Drivers or Packages may want to check for errors.; 04/05/2013;   Removed some of the sleep things where they caused dism to stop processing. That makes image hard to unmount.; 05/15/2013;   Added shutdown anti-virus(MSE for me) with Autoit to speedup most things with this. Can add any program like AVG, Avast, Norton.;    Create a reg/script for your anti-vir and i'll add to download.;   Cleaned up reg entries adding like Max.WimInfo and shorten. Removed sub-menus since they take up 1 item on a maximum 16 list.; 08/8/2013;   Added reg scripts for Windows 8.1 with Windows Assessment and Deployment Kit (Windows ADK) for Windows 8.1 installed for both amd64 and x86;     C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.1\Assessment and Deployment Kit;     (ADK) http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=39306;-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------; This will create a Mount folder on a drive. I set to C:\zMountDir and C:\zPackage;  where it will be at bottom of drive in windows explorer to find easier. Edit this to drive you want.;; Cleanup + Delete zMountDir - On 64 bit I have had trouble dismount or mounting after a dismount.;  I use this to Dism /Cleanup-Wim and clean the registry then delete zMountDir and zPackage.;  As long as it save's it is ok, just the dismount occasionally get's error. I have installed many times with no problems;; heres how I created this http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc144171%28v=vs.85%29.aspx#cascade_subcommands

EDIT: Updated working on Windows 8 with UAC ON or OFF
Download WIMrightclick_ Install.zip here

Edited by maxXPsoft

Very useful!

Many thanks maxXPsoft. Well explained!

Regards

Thanks, I have changed my Se7en_UA next release for this new method. I'll get together some language changes for French

took me 2 days to get it all right :blink:

Thanks, I have changed my Se7en_UA next release for this new method. I'll get together some language changes for French

took me 2 days to get it all right :blink:

Thank you very much to adapt it for some language changes for French! Take your time! :yes:

Hi maxXPsoft,

i have one problem with the reg.

The DISM.exe need administrative rights. how can i give the dism.exe thuis rights for all time ?

Regard Mike

P.S.

And can you also make a "DeleteReg" witch delete the Reg entries ?

Hi maxXPsoft,

i have one problem with the reg.

The DISM.exe need administrative rights. how can i give the dism.exe thuis rights for all time ?

Regard Mike

P.S.

And can you also make a "DeleteReg" witch delete the Reg entries ?

Added to 1st post

NOTICE: As of yet I have been unable to make this run with UAC turned on. I can do that with setacl but most probably not interested in doing that if they running UAC so I won't at this time.

wimrightclick - Uninstall.reg added to 1st post

Can't you check the box on DISM to run as admin?

You don't have that option with UAC on

I'm trying to do this programatically, like with a .reg.

Under UAC system32\dism.exe does not have FULL permissions with Admins and that's the holdup

Have tried 6 different things I have here on doing that. My program Se7en_UA run's with Admin privledges so I know there is a way. Setacl would probably be only way to give Full permissions to Admins

I am runnng without UAC because I keep a tight rein on my OS and have numerous restore options if I think something s wrong. Most don't have that so I didn't want to venture out and do that with setacl yet. I'm still looking because with anything Windows there is a way just have to figure it out.

I have the UAC on my normal workstation and I have the option:

Try that on system32\dism.exe. from image your going to waik/OPK folder where I mentioned you don't need it installed with UAC Off.

I have even tried this off my uaDvd\sources folder\dism.exe

Adding Inject Drivers next

Edited by maxXPsoft

I'll take a look M8 :whistle: , have some elevate here and have tried everything under the sun

Inject Drivers added 3/10/2011

Create a C:\Drivers folder and add all your drivers extracted there under separate folders that include an .inf. You may edit that to D:\Drivers or whatever. Most OEM include a folder with all Driver's and they will be located here

Searching for driver packages to install...
Found 2 driver package(s) to install.
Installing 1 of 2 - C:\Drivers\C7112964.inf: The driver package was successfully installed.
Installing 2 of 2 - C:\Drivers\CH112964.inf: The driver package was successfully installed.
The operation completed successfully.

NEW wimrightclick.reg added plus the uninstall

Windows Update Packages Next I think

Edited by maxXPsoft