Add Right click .wim Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1

What is this sleep you are talking about?

When I was trying to get it to pause and work with powershell it was a powershell command Start-Sleep 5 or like that.

Is easier to use Timeout 5. Try the .wim info and it times out

Edited by maxXPsoft

• 4 weeks later...

I see inside .wimrightclick-Install.reg a key file is missing:

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\WIMfile\Shell\.Wim\command]
@=-

If this key doesn't exit TuneUp Utilities remove the key:

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\WIMfile\Shell\.Wim]

And .wimrightclick is broken and doesn't work!

Regards

I see inside .wimrightclick-Install.reg a key file is missing:

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\WIMfile\Shell\.Wim\command]
@=-

If this key doesn't exit TuneUp Utilities remove the key:

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\WIMfile\Shell\.Wim]

And .wimrightclick is broken and doesn't work!

Regards

There should be no [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\WIMfile\Shell\.Wim\command]

only the [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\WIMfile\Shell\.Wim] where it creates icon for .wim

I checked the downlad zip and it is correct

Please look at the image and remember you added this subkey previously!

Comment inside the registry file .wimrightclick-Install.reg

; 6/28/12 Fix minor issue with Shell\.Wim\command found by myselfidem

Works for me adding this subkey but doesn't work without this subkey after launching TuneUp Utilities.

Regards

*Edit: your comment about this question here:

http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/150275-add-right-click-wim-windows-7/page__view__findpost__p__1002502

Edited by myselfidem

Please look at the image and remember you added this subkey previously!

yes I went back and looked at the notes and post. I removed somehow but I'll add back, just add yourself for now.

• 2 weeks later...

Run this new WIMrightclick_Uninstall.reg first

; 05/15/2013
; Added shutdown anti-virus(MSE for me) with Autoit to speedup most things with this. Can add any program like AVG, Avast, Norton.
; Create a reg/script for your anti-vir and i'll add to download.
; Cleaned up reg entries adding like Max.WimInfo and shorten. Removed sub-menus since they take up 1 item on a maximum 16 list.

Disabling MSE to inject updates

94 Updates Add-Package Start: 12:05:52.18 Finish: 12:24:10.20

Before was an hour and 20 minutes

Cleanup Registry

post-9484-0-83195200-1368601545_thumb.pn

New WIMrightclick

post-9484-0-26616200-1368601607_thumb.pn

If you do use Disabling Anti-Virus place the _MSEstop.exe somewhere and edit the WIMrightclick_ Install.reg here cmd /c start /wait D:\\_Backup\\_REG\\WIMrightclick\\_MSEstop.exe

_MSEstop.au3 included

Includes WIMrightclick_ Install_No_MSE.reg if you don't want the Disabling Anti-Virus

• 1 month later...

Max, could you please rewrite the mount image xyz command to make it work with path with spaces in it please? I tried numerous combinations of additional \" but without any luck. It probably works completely differently with Powershell, which I have exactly zero knowledge of.

Max, could you please rewrite the mount image xyz command to make it work with path with spaces in it please? I tried numerous combinations of additional \" but without any luck. It probably works completely differently with Powershell, which I have exactly zero knowledge of.

MrJinge wrote that part of the script and I can't change it either.

Perhaps he knew as I do using dism.exe it don't like blank spaces in commands either and things foul up.

Oh. Do you have an older version without any Powershell in it then?

Also, just a cosmetic thing, but wouldn't you consider rewriting the file so commands are in the order they appear in the menu? Currently it can be pretty hard to find the appropriate lines if you want to change the whole thing a little.

Edited by TheWalrus

Oh. Do you have an older version without any Powershell in it then?

Powershell does a get-wiminfo and creates the list we have now. I see "" around it but as I said dism don't play well with blank spaces

The old way had a line for each image and it was long and took up several slots in a list can only have 16 things

bp5r.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I used this

@="cmd /c C:\\Windows\\System32\\Dism /mount-wim /wimfile:\"%1\" /index:1 /mountdir:C:\\zMountDir"

Edited by maxXPsoft

• 1 month later...
; 08/8/2013;   Added reg scripts for Windows 8.1 with Windows Assessment and Deployment Kit (Windows ADK) for Windows 8.1 installed for both amd64 and x86;     C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.1\Assessment and Deployment Kit;     (ADK) http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=39306

WIMrightclick_ Install_8.1_amd64.reg

WIMrightclick_ Install_8.1_x86.reg

Dism no longer works from Windows 7 System32 on Windows 8.1 Preview. You will have to use the (ADK) from Windows 8.1.

It is backwards compatible so no problem using on your Windows 7 images

Link in my Sig or first Post

Edited by maxXPsoft

• 3 months later...

Hey Max, found a newer method to get feedback during scripts. Won't work in W7, but does work in W8 and above. Basically the Out-Gridview has a new parameter (-passthru) in Powershell 3.0/4.0 which adds an OK/Cancel to the window. Allows for multiple item selection and directs input back into the pipeline. Been around since last year, but I never used it 'til recently.

Here is an example, it opens up a list of processes, allows you to choose a single or multiple processes, collects their names and loops through closing all the highlighted items. Probably be easy enough to drop the Get-WimInfo in place of the "Get-Process | Select-Object -Property Id,ProcessName" part of the command and the mounting bits later to generate a little GUI action.

http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/50445-Windows-8-1-Task-Manager-Problem?p=843819&viewfull=1#post843819

$KILLPROCESS = (Get-Process | Select-Object -Property Id,ProcessName | Out-GridView -passthru -Title "Wise Guy Process Killer").ProcessName;Get-Process $KILLPROCESS | ForEach-Object -Process {Stop-Process -Id $_.ID}#
Edited by MrJinje