Add Right click .wim Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1

post-9484-0-96298500-1350395723_thumb.pn

New Version today

Windows 7 or Working with Windows 8 and UAC ON or OFF

I used this on my PC and 2 others here that have had UAC ON from day 1 and it is working here. Try it and let me know.

; 9/17/12 Modify Mounting of Image suggestion by MrJinje is now 'Mount RW = Enter Image Index #'
; 10/13/12 Add icons to commands. Rewrite commands using powershell so would work with UAC on. Added Admin shield to powershell.exe
; 10/14/12 Fix Imagex commands. I prefer right now to use Imagex for export cause new dism does it 1 at a time.
; You can download Imagex.exe and drop in system32 folder as part of Windows Assessment and Deployment Kit (ADK) for Windows® 8
; Get this download and I just selected deployment tools. http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30652
; A plus to that is you don't need a 1GB + download, was 80mb here and includes WSIM for xml editing. - minus is you need .NET4 ;(
; 10/15/12 Fix Drivers Packages Features To Desktop

Lot of time on this but I kept trying to get powershell to do it with elevated powershell. PS> start-process powershell -verb runAs and passing commands but was not good. 1000 try's later and learning powershell I went back to just adding the Admin icon on powershell.exe and then it elevates asking for permission on systems with UAC ON.

I use Powershell a lot in this release cause it gives me what I need.

Pay attention to my Notes above for Imagex.exe. I have the latest Version: 6.2.9200.16384 and it is in C:\Windows\System32 and works on Win 7 or Win 8

The new Dism does not provide a way to Export all images that I have found yet that is sweet as Imagex.exe /export \"%1\" * to export ALL images in one shot

Download from first post or in my sig as 'Download ++> Se7en/Vista Unattended DVD XML Creator and Application Installer'

EDIT: OMG, I copied that imagex when I had the (ADK) installed and at same time I grabbed the WSIM folder 5.03 MB . I done a image restore. Opened the folder and imgmgr.exe (System Image Manager) works by itself :w00t: no 1.6gb download needed. Just testing a theory cause with SSD I don't like to install excessively huge programs

adksetup.exe (ADK) was 1.16mb and installs about 80mb

Edited by maxXPsoft

NEW Update adding able to use your language

; 10/24/12 Updated to use Language from system32\Dism\ dll's. Run the .wimrightclick - Uninstall.reg first.
; You can modify this to use your language. To change to German (de-DE) just edit ALL "MUIVerb"
; "MUIVerb"="@%SystemRoot%\\System32\\Dism\\WimProvider.dll,-101"
; change to
; "MUIVerb"="@%SystemRoot%\\System32\\Dism\\de-DE\\WimProvider.dll.mui,-101"
; Must ADD the .mui. I use different dll on some so be carefull

I delayed a little while to get the pop-out where it will have the commands for Mounted Images

NOTE Run the .wimrightclick - Uninstall.reg first

English

post-9484-0-47188700-1351118568_thumb.pn

German

post-9484-0-13139500-1351118586_thumb.pn

EDIT: I re uploaded because found an error in Mount RW = Enter Image Index #\command where /mountdir:C:\\zMountDir was /mountdir:C:\\\\zMountDir. Too many \\

Edited by maxXPsoft

• 4 months later...

Thanks maxXPsoft for this awesome registry file! :thumbup

However using French language the text isn't displayed from the ..\fr-FR\DmiProvider.dll.mui (blank line) !

I think it's because there is a return line ( \n) inside the dll

1110, "Ajoute des packages de pilotes à une image\n hors connexion."

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\CommandStore\shell\Add-Driver's]
"MUIVerb"="@%SystemRoot%\\System32\\Dism\\fr-FR\\DmiProvider.dll.mui,-1110"
"Icon"="shell32.dll,-139"

To have the text displayed I set the original text inside the .wimrightclick-Install.reg:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\CommandStore\shell\Add-Driver's]
"MUIVerb"="Ajoute des packages de pilotes à une image hors connexion."
"Icon"="shell32.dll,-139"

Regards

I see that now you pointed it out

1110, "Ajoute des packages de pilotes à une image\n hors connexion."

Can't make the registry trick it cause I selected certain things for English because of that also

Guess there no getting around unless maybe mod the .mui or do like you done.

I think the best way is to use my workaround for Windows 7 localized version, or to keep English, and do not change the DmiProvider.dll.mui...

For an unknown reason the text is written like this (\n) !

Regards

I think the best way is to use my workaround for Windows 7 localized version, or to keep English, and do not change the DmiProvider.dll.mui...

For an unknown reason the text is written like this (\n) !

The purpose of the "\n" is to split the text into two lines. The "\n" means "new line" and doesn't actually show as "\" or "n" but causes a carriage return, or line feed. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newline:

The C programming language provides the escape sequences '\n' (newline)

When writing a file in text mode, '\n' is transparently translated to the native newline sequence used by the system, which may be longer than one character.

The same sequence is used in JavaScript, PHP, and other programming languages.

Cheers and Regards

Edited by bphlpt

• 2 weeks later...

; 03/30/2013
; Updated adding /Table format
; Added Sleep to some functions and Stop on some. After some operations like adding Drivers or Packages may want to check for errors.

Download from first Post at bottom

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- | --------------- | ------------- | -----------------
Package Identity | State | Release Type | Install Time
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- | --------------- | ------------- | -----------------
Microsoft-Windows-Common-Foundation-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.2.9200.16384 | Install Pending | Feature Pack | 7/26/2012 6:14 AM
Microsoft-Windows-WinPE-LanguagePack-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~en-US~6.2.9200.16384 | Install Pending | Language Pack | 7/26/2012 6:18 AM

Edited by maxXPsoft

• 2 weeks later...