Unusual problem with KB971033

ps24eva

Usually you can uninstall KB971033 and then hide the update, and thus never have to worry about it again.

I "uninstalled" KB971033 from the "Installed Updates" screen as usual but....I am pretty sure KB971033 simply disappeared from the "Installed Updates" screen WITHOUT ACTUALLY UNINSTALLING.

It never popped back up as an update to hide.

Very unusual.

Edited by ps24eva

About an update like KB971033 installed.

If you uninstall this update you will have a new time the option to install this update like others with Windows update.

You can choose to hide this update and not install a new time:

Windows 7 - Windows Update - Hide or Restore Hidden Updates

But you will see always inside "Updates installed" the updates installed even if you have "uninstalled" the update!!!

You can see, if you uninstall an update and install a new time the same update, you will see inside "view updates history" the same update many times it has been installed and the date of the installation

You can delete the full view update history!

Can you clear the update history page

About an update like KB971033 installed.

If you uninstall this update you will have a new time the option to install this update like others with Windows update.

You can choose to hide this update and not install a new time:

Windows 7 - Windows Update - Hide or Restore Hidden Updates

I already know this.

The update did not pop up again for me to hide.

KB971033 is missing in action LOL. Where the f*ck is it?

Edited by ps24eva

Documentation for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 (KB976932)

Download the file: "Hotfixes and Security Updates included in Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1.xls".

However you can find help here in this case:

How to uninstall and remove the KB971033 update for Windows 7 Activation Technologies

With my computer 64 bit upgraded online with SP1 for Windows 7 Ultimate (Windows Update), I can uninstall the update KB971033 and have this one a new time to hide this update, if I want. I have no trouble!

You can try to restart your computer and launch Windows update a new time, to see if you have this update to download!

Edited by myselfidem