Flash Player Update 10.2.152.32

I used SeaMonkey 1.1.18 when I downloaded and installed. Their test pages showed the same results when I used SeaMonkey 2.0.10.

My problem is that it can't be browser related as neither I.E6 or FF3.6.14 accurately report the correct version of Shockwave, well unless I go back and install Shockwave 10 that is, then both browsers report the correct version.

Like herbalist, I've installed slim version of latest Shockwave Player (on default KEX settings) and looks like it works with my usual browsers (Firefox 3.5.17, Opera 11.01 and SeaMonkey 1.1.19)

Frogman, do you really need it? - I hardly remember a website which required its presence.

post-50510-0-83559300-1299248518_thumb.j

post-50510-0-45756800-1299248532_thumb.j

post-50510-0-74811400-1299248554_thumb.j

Frogman, do you really need it? - I hardly remember a website which required its presence.

But that's not really the point, I should be able to see it reported correctly on adobe and it doesn't apart from the version 10.

I think my I.E has alot to do with this, but don't know why as it's isn't my default browser, but I seem to find that I.E6 can dictate often what FF 3.6 will report in shockwave terms.

• 4 weeks later...

Flash Player 10.2.153.1 has been released several days ago.

frogman, go to the following sites to test the correct versions of Adobe Players:

Adobe Shockwave Player

http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/welcome/

Adobe Flash Player

http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/

Thanks for the heads up regarding the Adobe Flash player update.

As for the shockwave player, well for whatever reason I seem to be stuck with an earlier version as I have tried many times in the past to update to shockwave 11, but it never installs no matter what tricks I use.

have you tried uninstalling/removing shockwave player 10 before installing shockwave player 11?

read my latest post in this shockwave player thread.

and make sure the GDI+ DLL file (gdiplus.dll file) is installed under win98se.

I think Shockwave Player 11 requires GDI+.

Thanks for the info, however I don't really use shockwave and because I seemed to have tried most things I have decided not to bother with it, as long as my flash player works then I am happy, thanks again.

On a related note, I can't access any URL with adobe.com in the address again now. Is anyone else experiencing the same thing? This first happened several weeks ago and persisted for several days before everything suddenly went back to normal. I have no idea what's causing it. I checked my hosts file and other URL filters but didn't see anything amiss. I'm completely baffled. All of the adobe.com URLs are inaccessible with timeout errors.

Edited by Prozactive

On a related note, I can't access any URL with adobe.com in the address again now. Is anyone else experiencing the same thing? This first happened several weeks ago and persisted for several days before everything suddenly went back to normal. I have no idea what's causing it. I checked my hosts file and other URL filters but didn't see anything amiss. I'm completely baffled. All of the adobe.com URLs are inaccessible with timeout errors.

If you are using Opera you may have a Content Blocker string enabled (other browsers may have similar). I had one computer whose Opera versions 10 and 11 that kept serving up Web Address Blocked for certain clicked links including roadrunner.com, and amazingly even for google searches of a string simply containing roadrunner!

Turns out in the Tools > Advanced > Blocked Content list of strings (kind of like a hosts file) there was this filter: *adrunner.*. A simple change to *.adrunner.* fixed it.

I mention this because many filters that target ads could easily be mistyped to catch adobe. So check it out.

Guest wsxedcrfv

On a related note, I can't access any URL with adobe.com in the address again now.

Could be a problem with your DNS server. Maybe you should try some of the various public DNS servers besides the one operated by your ISP. Your problem might also be caused by malware that alters your DNS functionality. www.adobe.com should be 192.150.16.60 (that's what I get).

I've had that problem for over a year now on every machine I have, and with both Firefox and Internet Explorer.

Thanks for all of the excellent suggestions and advice. Unfortunately I'm still completely baffled as to the cause of the problem. I found I was able to access all adobe.com URLs from my desktop PC, which is configured identically to my laptop where the problem was occurring. Later that night, I found that the problem spontaneously resolved itself without any actions on my part and I was able to access any adobe.com URL from my laptop again. This was much faster than the previous time the problem occurred, which took several days before things suddenly went back to normal. I did not check whether I could access adobe.com URLs from my desktop PC that time, but I suspect I would've been able to do so.

@CharlotteTheHarlot: I do indeed use Opera 10.63 on both systems but they're configured identically with the same urlfilter.ini filter, hosts file, and other similar files/utilities.

@wsxedcrfv: Good points. Both systems use the same DNS servers from my ISP so I should've had the same problem from my desktop PC if they were the cause of the problem. My laptop does use a wireless connection to my router but I don't see how that would have any effect. And I'm confident my laptop is free of malware as I've performed numerous periodic scans with MBAM and other antivirus/malware utilities without any detections, including again recently when this problem occurred.

@LoneCrusader: That's interesting that you've had the same problem! I presume you also haven't found the root cause of it. Like I said, I'm completely baffled.

Edited by Prozactive

Well, the reason I was accessing the adobe.com URLs was to finally upgrade Flash Player from 9.0.289.0 to the latest version 10.2.153.1 using KernelEx. I followed the earlier advice in this thread to uninstall Flash Player 9 before installing version 10, and everything seemed to go smoothly. However, shortly after reloading Opera I got numerous pop-up error windows with the following message:

The Shockwave Flash plug-in failed.

A restart of Opera is recommended.

And, after accessing the Adobe Flash Player test webpage, Opera immediately crashed after the pop-up error windows with the following data in the crashlogs:

OPERA-CRASHLOG V1 desktop 10.63 3516 windows

C:\PROGRAM FILES\OPERA\OPERA.EXE 3516 caused exception C0000005 at address 10374FB1 (Base: 400000)

Any suggestions or advice for resolving this problem? I'm running Opera 10.63 with KernelEx 4.5 Final. Thanks!

I've used Firefox since version 1.0 and have been a big fan, but it's been painfully slow starting with versions 3.x on my older hardware. Opera is significantly faster.

The errors stopped after I uninstalled Adobe Flash Player 10 and reinstalled version 9. I may try installing version 10 on another system to see if the same error recurs. Still no idea why it's happening as others apparently have successfully used it.

Edited by Prozactive