Flash Player Update 10.2.152.32

There is a security update of the Adobe Flash Player version 10,2,152,32.

Just a small question I have in that do we need to remove the old application first before downloading and installing the new version?

I looked in my add remove programs list, and I saw Adobe Flash Player Plugin 10, and I thought as the version is still 10 that I should leave it and just install the latest 10 version without removing the previous 10version, and it installed successfully, and I wondered if this was the correct procedure, perhaps we should only remove the previous version prior to installing a new version when the version number actually changes it's main number like from 10 to 11.

Can anyone help and advise please as the new update works fine, and the same description shows up in the add/remove program list as Adobe Flash Player Plugin 10.

Regards

I'm always removing older version in such situation to avoid potential problems - in my case update works fine too.

Btw, if you don't have any issues, you shouldn't worry about the way you've chosen.

I'm always removing older version in such situation to avoid potential problems - in my case update works fine too.

Btw, if you don't have any issues, you shouldn't worry about the way you've chosen.

Thanks, I couldn't seem to find anything on the Adobe site about it, but as you say no issues, however it would be nice to know if there is a correct method.

Adobe Shockwave Player = 11.5.9r615

Funny how I installed it successfully using finesse, but every time I checked the version on adobes site it stated I still had version 10 of shockwave, flash shows the correct version.

I use the Firefox 3.6.14, and it reports the correct plugin of 11, it just does report the same when I visit adobe site which can't be right can it?

If I remember right, I uninstalled version9, then installed 10. Since then, I've installed 10.1 and 10.2 versions over the existing version and haven't had any problems.

Thanks.

Can I ask you when you go here which version of Adobe Shockwave does it report you have currently?

http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/welcome/

None. I didn't install shockwave. Don't recall ever using it.

Guest wsxedcrfv

java on the other had is worthless and would be nice to have working, any one have any version working?

See this thread:

I just went to Adobe and downloaded Shockwave, slim version. Installed it with KEX in default settings. Revisited the link you asked me to check. It reports version 11.5.9r620.

Can I ask which browser version you used?