Requesting help for older AMD mobo upgrade

Stuckin98

I have an older AMD Athlon board that I'm using as I write this. I would like to get it going faster and increase the memory speed as well. ....... If I go to someplace like ebay, what should I search for in a processor and memory ? I assume there are of course limitations to what this board can accept. It runs very nicely and and has a user friendly bios - I'll talk more about that farther down.

Below you can see what's going on with the board right now.

post-239713-0-18389900-1298762209_thumb. post-239713-0-08648800-1298762418_thumb.

It also has the award (phoenix) bios, which in my opinion was the easiest to navigate and save settings. Does any manufacturer

still use this format ? ........ Sorry it's so blurry

post-239713-0-71709000-1298762891_thumb.

BTW, I should probably change my avatar. I don't feel stressed out on MSFN. Everyone is so helpful and friendly. :-)

I was hoping it showed a manufacturer and more descriptive model number. You appear to currently have an overclocked Thoroughbred B with the FSB bumped. The chipset should easily support another Thoroughbred B core Athlon XP 2600+, 2700+ or 2800+ with a 333 MHz FSB.

To be absolutely certain, the motherboard make and model should be determined and its documentation should be used to verify compatibility.

Edited by 5eraph

It also has the award (phoenix) bios, which in my opinion was the easiest to navigate and save settings. Does any manufacturer

still use this format ? ........ Sorry it's so blurry

Gigabyte uses them for example.

I would stick to the CPU (Athlon XP 2600+) you have and pop in 1GB of DDR1 400 or 333 (3200 or 2700) RAM, think about 31USD and take the 128MB out.

That would give you enough boost in XP, if that is what you are running, especially with an Anti Malware/Virus program running in the background.