[SOLVED] problem with Vlite 1.2 and Win7 SP1 (MSDN)

tistou77

it works very well, just using first Gimagex and after Vlite :thumbup

I tested a second time to be sure

Can you please explain in more precision way this part just using first Gimagex ?

What i have to do in Gimagex?

And are you talking about MSDN W7+SP1 integrated or W7+SP1 intergrated with RT7 Lite?

Thanks and sorry for my bad english :)

Use Gimagex to mountrw then commit and unmount. then vlite. thats it. make sure you use waik2 with gimagex.

i may have found another way to delete files from the wim. it involves using vista imagex and seven imagex. if you use seven imagex, u cant remove files from the winsxs due to file ownership restrictions whereas if you use vista imagex, you can

I think this is the same problem I was having. For the last week I was using vista imagex and was removing packages get it wont install then. With seven imagex I am can't remove packages or even mount the registry.

Are you doing this before or after vlite?

i may have found another way to delete files from the wim. it involves using vista imagex and seven imagex. if you use seven imagex, u cant remove files from the winsxs due to file ownership restrictions whereas if you use vista imagex, you can

I think this is the same problem I was having. For the last week I was using vista imagex and was removing packages get it wont install then. With seven imagex I am can't remove packages or even mount the registry.

the reg wim tweak and package removal can be done using seven imagex but it takes a long time to complete. ths must all be done before vlite. im testin now to see if this can be done with vista imagex instead

ps i would recommed to install waik 1.1 and 2.0, copy over imagex then uninstall both from your system such as

C:\ImageX\seven\amd64 <------ this folder is from windows aik\tools folder (waik 2.0)

C:\ImageX\vista\amd64 <------- this folder is from windows aik\tools folder (waik 1.1)

place a copy of gimagex into each amd64 folder where imagex resides and then test this way

Edited by dead0

Can you please explain in more precision way this part just using first Gimagex ?

And are you talking about MSDN W7+SP1 integrated or W7+SP1 intergrated with RT7 Lite?

Use Gimagex to mountrw then commit and unmount. then vlite. thats it. make sure you use waik2 with gimagex.

Sorry but i still dont understand.

What to mount?Its asking for wim file but i have W7 iso file and there is 4-5 columns,what i must mount and where?

the reg wim tweak and package removal can be done using seven imagex but it takes a long time to complete. ths must all be done before vlite. im testin now to see if this can be done with vista imagex instead

ps i would recommed to install waik 1.1 and 2.0, copy over imagex then uninstall both from your system such as

C:\ImageX\seven\amd64 <------ this folder is from windows aik\tools folder (waik 2.0)

C:\ImageX\vista\amd64 <------- this folder is from windows aik\tools folder (waik 1.1)

place a copy of gimagex into each amd64 folder where imagex resides and then test this way

I just tried and the wim tweak went through with vista imagex. I tried my own wim tweak but it is not working because of permissions. I think the first commit with seven imagex puts different permissions on files.

Your suggestion of the 2 imagex is what I have been doing. I will try to vlite now.

What to mount?Its asking for wim file but i have W7 iso file and there is 4-5 columns,what i must mount and where?

Extract ISO to a folder then mount the [extracted folder]\sources\install.wim

The content of ISO must be extracted (WinRAR, UltraISO,...) into a folder. Then you can see a folder named "sources" where exists a file named install.wim. With Gimagex , mount that file in an empty folder, then unmount with commit changes (check this option in gimagex). Then you can use vlite. I hope that is clear.

Tnx :)

In what column i have to mount,Capture,Apply,Mount?

And you wrote this Use Gimagex to mountrw then commit and unmount. What i have to commit?And mountrw is a writing mistake or that rw means something?

Thanks in advance :)

Tnx :)

In what column i have to mount,Capture,Apply,Mount?

And you wrote this Use Gimagex to mountrw then commit and unmount. What i have to commit?And mountrw is a writing mistake or that rw means something?

Thanks in advance :)

make some folders like c:\7iso for your extracted iso and c:\7mount for your gimagex to mount to. if you open gimagex and go to the mount tab you will see the options for read write and commit. select them both and point the gimagx to the folders you just made

Edited by xpJohnson

so no need to install WAIK, change wimfltr.sys files, etc...

just use the Gimagex 2.0.17 with Create and Apply tabs

I tested 2 times and 2 times, no corrupted files with Windows 7 SP1 MSDN

I will install tomorrow to be sure everything is OK

I will explain in detail how I do ;)

Edited by bapt

I just used vista imagex and wim tweak and removed hyper-v package then vlited and installed and it worked. now on to batch files for removal. so far 5.97GB x64

was this after you used seven imagex?

Then put the folders/files to install Windows 7 in the folder "x64_sp1" (for my example)

with Gimagex, in the "Apply" tab

Source: [path to file] x64_sp1\source\install.wim

Destination: an empty folder (Mount in the screen)

select the image used for install (Home, Pro, etc ...)

and Apply

capturexm.png

when process is finished go "Capture" tab

Source: empty folder path (Mount in the example)

Destination: [path to file] x64_sp1\source\install2.wim

Name: Windows 7 Pro (in the example)

Description: Windows 7 Pro (in the example)

Compression: Max

leave the rest blank

and Create

capture2jc.png

when finished, in the [folder path] x64_sp1\source, delete install.wim and rename install2.wim in install.wim

restart PC and launch Vlite normally (like if it's Vista)