[SOLVED] problem with Vlite 1.2 and Win7 SP1 (MSDN)

tistou77

ok, so Vlite works great with Windows 7 and sp1 integrated but not with windows 7 sp1 MDSN

with the method of monkie53 (replaced wimfltr and wimgapi) the problem is that Vlite closes itself after the removal of components (we just unmount the image with dism but some "adjustments"are not applied)

for example, I disable UAC, but the padlocks are still some folder

and I delete "file and printer sharing (Server) but I still have these options in Windows 7 after installation

how to have Vlite compatible with Windows 7 sp1 MSDN without it closes by itself?

EDIT: I noticed that when it removes components with Vlite it closes by itself, if you add drivers, we made adjustments, there'll have no problems ...

Edited by bapt

Ok, seems like Vlite causes erros in installation process by modifying files "digital signature" , so windows don't recognize files version. I think I will compare files in vlited wims from both versions of W7 SP1 (MSDN and slipstreamed). Sounds like is a crazy move, but what els can I do? :no:

Edited by romantiq

Hi I have been playing for quite a while now with dism scripts, vLite, RT7Lite, 7Customizer and other tools. I think that development of RT7Lite is going in the wrong direction. vLite is like a Porsche here:) I just hope it will be better in the future. Anyway good to hear that, it's not only me having problems with corrupted files during installation:) I thought it was my fault, because of deep cleaning of install.wim. Here is the list of corrupted files spotted so far:

system32

pdhui.dll polstore.dll PortableDeviceApi.dll PortableDeviceClassExtension.dll PortableDeviceConnectApi.dll PortableDeviceStatus.dll PortableDeviceSyncProvider.dllPortableDeviceTypes.dll PortableDeviceWiaCompat.dll PortableDeviceWMDRM.dll puiapi.dll rasapi32.dll rascfg.dll rasdiag.dll rasmxs.dll rasser.dll resutils.dll samlib.dll sbeio.dll sdshext.dll srclient.dll wercplsupport.dll wfapigp.dll wmi.dll wscisvif.dll wscproxystub.dll wscsvc.dll WSManMigrationPlugin.dll WsmAuto.dll wsmplpxy.dll WsmRes.dll plasrv.exe printui.exe resmon.exe ROUTE.EXE rrinstaller.exe SearchFilterHost.exe wsmprovhost.exe

wbem

NCProv.dll wbemprox.dll wbemsvc.dll WinMgmtR.dll WmiApRes.dll WMICOOKR.dll WMIsvc.dll

oobe

WinLGDep.dll winsetup.dll wdsutil.dll

setup

cmmigr.dll

shared/res

padrs404.dll padrs411.dll

Might be useful for someone. :sneaky:

I wish I tell that your - everyone - solution solved my problem, but my "lite" installation of W7 SP1 vlited fails - after first restart of installation - with a blank screen, with white text, telling me that : "Windows fails to start" with error code 0xc0000428, "Windows cannot verify digital signature of file : C:\Windows\System32\winload.exe",

Yes I tested the x86 version and yes issues with the winload.exe is corrupted when using Vlite and x86 MSDN SP1 , do the same thing to the x86 as I stated above in changing date/time for all

( Date Created, Date Modified, and Date Accessed ) will fix the issues, it did for me.

I have fixed my ISO files, they now werk fine with Vlite and are the same files except the date changes were changed to July 13 2009.

Mounting the install.wim is easy with GimageX, take ownership of the winsxs folder is really a hard issue if you do not know how the "easy" way..

here is a simple ( source code found in google ) change folder date time I used

source code included - .exe in main folder to use ( needs Visual Basic 6 application to use the source code, for those that needs to know this :) )

Change_Folder_Date_Time_Code.7z

here is my right click take own reg tweak I have been using for over a yr now..

NOTE: You have to take ownership of the winsxs folder before you can change the date on this folder as You do not have *access rights to modify it*

NOTE 2: running take ownership of the winsxs folder when mounted will take some time ( 10 ~15 minutes or more *depends on Your PC speed* ) so be patient with this step

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

;Add "Take Ownership" to context menu ( This one will do many folders deep unlike the other one )
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\takeownership]
@="Take Ownership"
"HasLUAShield"=""
"NoWorkingDirectory"=""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\takeownership\command]
@="cmd.exe /c takeown /f \"%1\" && icacls \"%1\" /grant administrators:F"
"IsolatedCommand"="cmd.exe /c takeown /f \"%1\" && icacls \"%1\" /grant administrators:F"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\exefile\shell\takeownership]
@="Take Ownership"
"HasLUAShield"=""
"NoWorkingDirectory"=""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\exefile\shell\takeownership\command]
"IsolatedCommand"="cmd.exe /c takeown /f \"%1\" && icacls \"%1\" /grant administrators:F"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\dllfile\shell\takeownership]
@="Take Ownership"
"HasLUAShield"=""
"NoWorkingDirectory"=""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\dllfile\shell\takeownership\command]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\takeownership]
@="Take Ownership"
"HasLUAShield"=""
"NoWorkingDirectory"=""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\takeownership\command]
@="cmd.exe /c takeown /f \"%1\" /r /d y && icacls \"%1\" /grant administrators:F /t"
"IsolatedCommand"="cmd.exe /c takeown /f \"%1\" /r /d y && icacls \"%1\" /grant administrators:F /t"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\runas\command]
@="cmd.exe /c takeown /f \"%1\" /r /d y && icacls \"%1\" /grant administrators:F /t"
"IsolatedCommand"="cmd.exe /c takeown /f \"%1\" /r /d y && icacls \"%1\" /grant administrators:F /t"

Edited by monkie53

Yes I tested the x86 version and yes issues with the winload.exe is corrupted when using Vlite and x86 MSDN SP1 , do the same thing to the x86 as I stated above in changing date/time for all

( Date Created, Date Modified, and Date Accessed ) will fix the issues, it did for me.

I have fixed my ISO files, they now werk fine with Vlite and are the same files except the date changes were changed to July 13 2009.

Mounting the install.wim is easy with GimageX, take ownership of the winsxs folder is really a hard issue if you do not know how the "easy" way..

here is a simple ( source code found in google ) change folder date time I used

source code included - .exe in main folder to use ( needs Visual Basic 6 application to use the source code, for those that needs to know this :) )

Change_Folder_Date_Time_Code.7z

here is my right click take own reg tweak I have been using for over a yr now..

NOTE: You have to take ownership of the winsxs folder before you can change the date on this folder as You do not have *access rights to modify it*

NOTE 2: running take ownership of the winsxs folder when mounted will take some time ( 10 ~15 minutes or more *depends on Your PC speed* ) so be patient with this step

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

;Add "Take Ownership" to context menu ( This one will do many folders deep unlike the other one )
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\takeownership]
@="Take Ownership"
"HasLUAShield"=""
"NoWorkingDirectory"=""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\takeownership\command]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\exefile\shell\takeownership]
@="Take Ownership"
"HasLUAShield"=""
"NoWorkingDirectory"=""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\exefile\shell\takeownership\command]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\dllfile\shell\takeownership]
@="Take Ownership"
"HasLUAShield"=""
"NoWorkingDirectory"=""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\dllfile\shell\takeownership\command]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\takeownership]
@="Take Ownership"
"HasLUAShield"=""
"NoWorkingDirectory"=""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\takeownership\command]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\runas\command]

hello monkie53

thank you for your great work :thumbup

if I understand it, take possession on the "windows" and "winsxs" folder (when mounted install.wim with Gimagex example), and apply your patch, right?

thank you very much ;)

Monkie53, I used an imagex batch (attached) which includes the ownership part for mounting install.wim, then I used a third party program to modify date. I verified in every moment files attributes just to be shure that the date is 07/13/2009 (all 3 dates). Even in final vlited ISO. I applied date modifications to ENTIRE Windows folder including subfolders (and , of course, including winsxs folder). But winload error is still there. I will try your application and i will modify dates in windows (without subfolders) and winsxs only (like you sayed). And I will use gimagex too ...

mount.zip

Edited by romantiq

I can not change the date and time ....

I mounted install.wim, use the "Take Ownership" in the winsxs folder (I did not even have time to see the Windows command prompt :blink: ) and it not work, the file is still locked (delete and rename)

but I can not change the date with "Change_Folder_Date_Time"

capturefdk.png

what do I forget?

thanks ;)

I mounted image no 3 (Home Premium) in gimagex , Take Ownership runs in CMD window for long time to be observed (10-15 min). Change Date prog worked and nou I see that only the 2 folders had to be modifyied, not all files in the 2 folders (monkey 53, sorry for missunderstanding)

Edited by romantiq