[SOLVED] problem with Vlite 1.2 and Win7 SP1 (MSDN)

tistou77

I use Vlite 1.2 and Windows 7 SP1 (MSDN) and after I get errors (.dll corrupted, modified, etc ...) why?

when I was using it with SP1 integrated windows 7, no problem

thank you ;)

EDIT: see post #105 for manipulation to be done to make Vlite compatible with Windows 7 sp1 MSDN

Edited by bapt

since badt has started this thread and I am having serious issues with the same exact situation I will have to say that using Vlite and SP1 RTM iso files are a no go.

I have been at it for 2 days now and all I get is corrupted files in windows\system32\oobe a few files in this folder, and then samlib.dll in system32 folder is the next victim, then its well screen shoot says it all..

I get these after the first reboot right after the setting up registry ... and I get these errors 1 right after each other on clickin ok button....

windows7x64201102190530.png

THEN I replace the oobe folder with the clean iso oobe folder then it gets past the errors above, well then I am presented with this here after is passes were the other errors were happening at....

windows7x64201102190550.png

Then this one comes up after fixin the others ...

windows7x64201102190620.png

never ending corrupted files for me, I was not gonna take a chance on following the install thru and replacing the corrupted files and thinking the build would be good..

win 7 RTM without Sp1 Vlited builds are great, just this SP1 RTM msdn iso file not sure about the x86 but this is the x64 I am posting about

any ideas??

someone could resume work of Nuhi, and make a 7lite?

which could be used later to Windows 8

You have at least two viable options. Maxxpsoft's weird chaotic tool and then Bensam56's RT7lite. Both will get the job done. There is no point in vLite at all.

You have at least two viable options. Maxxpsoft's weird chaotic tool and then Bensam56's RT7lite. Both will get the job done. There is no point in vLite at all.

I already rt7lite, but it's not as though some thing Vlite

Security Center is not completely removed

if you disable UAC, there is the padlock on certain folder, and all options are not deleted (Share with, etc...)

Here is the way I got it to werk, NOW THIS IS NOT FOR EVERYONE SO TRY THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK!!

I replaced in Vlite's root folder wimgapi.dll with win 7's wimgapi.dll from WAIK tools ( WAIK tools folder -> x86 folder\wimgapi.dll )( have to download the iso from MS ) and install WAIK to get these files .

You will need to uninstall the Vista wimfltr that is loaded on your PC ( if you have ran vlite after installing it ) as the files from WAIK 7 are not the same , not sure how to do it manually as I have the InstWimFltr.exe by JFK from a winbuilder project that I use, that will uninstall the wimfltr of Vista's ( yep fixed that winbuilder project too with WAIK 7 Files )

Also a reboot when uninstalling these files wont hurt, after removal of the wimfltr of Vista's just to clear any memory that might be latched onto these files.

From WAIK, I also copied in the x86 and (amd64) wimmount.sys replacing wimfltr.sys by renaming wimmount.sys to wimfltr.sys respectfully in both x86 and x64 folders so yes delete wimfltr.sys in both folders first then copy in the win 7 files :).

I didnt change the wimfltr.inf at all, I left it as vlite installed it, I just replaced the wimfltr.sys in Vlite's folder with wimmount.sys from WAIK and renaming it to wimfltr.. easy peasy

what you end up with is Vlite using win 7 dll files, it werkd for me, but I got a error or 2 at first, then they went away, I made 4 builds back to back with the SP1 x64 and everything was fine and the iso installs fine too.

NOTE: even uninstalling Vlite from Add | Remove Programs DOES NOT UNINSTALL the Vista wimfltr!

NOTE 2: After running Vlite on a win 7 moddin win 7 have you ever encountered that DISM fails( Pre SP1 iso files that is )??

NOTE 3: I got a few small errors after doing the above from Vlite, but after a few errors passed all was good hence the TRY IT AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Anyways maybe that is enough for some more knowledgeable person to figure out a better werk around than what I have done.

Vlite does the job I want quicker than RTLite, RTLite is way to slow and seems like it wants to just freeze up the whole time I run it,.. a scalpel over a hammer any day lol , this is my werk around for that :)

Edited by monkie53

I am sorry to say this but rt7lite is like using a hammer when a scapel is needed.

How do you mean?

I admit it looks a little bit "bloaty" and seems somewhat slow, but that's about it. It's only an impression, too.

rt7lite is very crude and clunky...

While it removes many things it left quite a bit of junk laying around.

Plus like you said it is VERY slow...

Yes, I am facing the same problem with the "samlib.dll in system32 folder" error when I tried to vlite Windows 7 SP1 (MSDN).

For another case, I tried to mount Windows 7 SP1 (not vLited) via GimageX (from WAIK for Windows Vista) and ran a batch file to remove some redundant fonts. When I tried to install this slightly slimmed down Windows 7, I too encountered the same samlib.dll error. Man, it is frustrating.

Well, I should used WAIK for Windows 7, but the reason for using WAIK for Windows Vista is that I want to use vLite to slim down Windows. At first, I thought that the samlib.dll error is due to my rather aggressive preset. Thanks to your guys, I have known that the culprit is SP1.

I usually perform the following steps (from left to right) to slim down Windows 7 (SP0) with no error, as recommended by aviv00. Tha batch file is from dead0. Thanks to them.

RT 7 Lite > Batch file to remove fonts > vLite

RT 7 Lite still could not completely remove some components which can be removed by vLite, so I need to use them both. Now that I started to use Windows 7 SP1, such method is no longer possible. Sigh!

RT 7 Lite is slow mainly because it needs to mount the Windows image in Temp folder. However, vLite does not do that and is much faster. Still, I am very much hopeful that RT 7 Lite can be further improved, so that it can remove the components previous removed by vLite.

Edited by alvinkhorfire

I am sorry to say this but rt7lite is like using a hammer when a scapel is needed.

How do you mean?

I admit it looks a little bit "bloaty" and seems somewhat slow, but that's about it. It's only an impression, too.

rt7lite is very crude and clunky...

While it removes many things it left quite a bit of junk laying around.

Plus like you said it is VERY slow...

Remember it's still in RC state...

I am looking forward to 7Customizer after Blue started developing it again.