[SOLVED] problem with Vlite 1.2 and Win7 SP1 (MSDN)

tistou77

Update: I got it work using dead0 procedure. I only removed the languages so far. For some reason I was getting errors that a component couldn't be installed and I was being very conservative on my vlite removal.

Dead0, have you tried installing the RegTweak for package removal and remove any packages yet? Also, your procedure of switching back and for the wimfltr and wimmount doesn't make sense. Doesn't the win7 version that we got the wimmount from used with imagex not the wimfltr. I have both in the driver folder. You are just switching the vlite version when you swap them right?

Update: I got it work using dead0 procedure. I only removed the languages so far. For some reason I was getting errors that a component couldn't be installed and I was being very conservative on my vlite removal.

Dead0, have you tried installing the RegTweak for package removal and remove any packages yet? Also, your procedure of switching back and for the wimfltr and wimmount doesn't make sense. Doesn't the win7 version that we got the wimmount from used with imagex not the wimfltr. I have both in the driver folder. You are just switching the vlite version when you swap them right?

7 x86 of dead0 take 5GB of disk space, it does not remove many component

unless it has installed software or other

Edited by bapt

7 x86 of dead0 take 5GB of disk space, it does not remove many component

unless it has installed software or other

could not remove the components without using Vlite?

with imagex or dism, directly

the problem will be the same?

I dont understand what you are saying. I got a 6.3GB install with x64 Ultimate and removing languages with vlite. I was asking what his session was because you have to select something as far as I know to get vlite to do something. When I tried a selecting a few things to remove I got an error when installing saying not all components could be installed.

WAIK 2 is for 7 I thought. 1.1 is for vista. 1.1 was released in 2008, 2 was released in 2009 and 3 this month. WAIK 2 should have the wimmount.sys, that is what I have.

bapt

Sorry to say that you are wrong and xpJohnson is right instead. Quoted from Wikipedia:

1. WAIK 1.0—Released with Vista

2. WAIK 1.1—v6.0.6001.18000—Released with Vista SP1 and Windows Server 2008

Filename: 6001.18000.080118-1840-kb3aikl_en.iso

Version: v936330AIK – Released: 4/9/2008–1375.9 MB

3. WAIK 2.0 - v6.1.7000.0—Released with Windows 7

Filename: KB3AIK_en.ISO

4. WAIK 2.0 RC: 6.1.7100.0—Released with Windows Vista

5. Win7 WAIK / WAIK 3.0: 6.1.7600.16385 Includes DISM.exe, same version number

Version: v3.0—Released: 8/6/2009—1706.6 MB

Windows AIK version 3.0 is the exact same as 2.0. The hash values of the ISO images are exactly the same.

Edited by alvinkhorfire

I dont understand what you are saying. I got a 6.3GB install with x64 Ultimate and removing languages with vlite. I was asking what his session was because you have to select something as far as I know to get vlite to do something. When I tried a selecting a few things to remove I got an error when installing saying not all components could be installed.

I was talking about the OS de dead0 ;)

WAIK 2 is for 7 I thought. 1.1 is for vista. 1.1 was released in 2008, 2 was released in 2009 and 3 this month. WAIK 2 should have the wimmount.sys, that is what I have.

bapt

Sorry to say that you are wrong and xpJohnson is right instead. Quoted from Wikipedia:

1. WAIK 1.0—Released with Vista

2. WAIK 1.1—v6.0.6001.18000—Released with Vista SP1 and Windows Server 2008

Filename: 6001.18000.080118-1840-kb3aikl_en.iso

Version: v936330AIK – Released: 4/9/2008–1375.9 MB

3. WAIK 2.0 - v6.1.7000.0—Released with Windows 7

4. WAIK 2.0 RC: 6.1.7100.0—Released with Windows Vista

5. Win7 WAIK / WAIK 3.0: 6.1.7600.16385 Includes DISM.exe, same version number

Version: v3.0—Released: 8/6/2009—1706.6 MB

Windows AIK version 3.0 is the exact same as 2.0. The hash values of the ISO images are exactly the same.

ok I had seen this for the WAIK 2

WAIK 2 => 6001.18000.080118-1840-kb3aikl_en.iso (4/9/2008)

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=94bb6e34-d890-4932-81a5-5b50c657de08

Edited by bapt

Is there another topic named "Safe WinSxS Removal With Vlite and RT Lite". Posters complains about same problem with Windows 7 SP1 RTM. But, look at these :

"""http://www.autoitscr...-tools/gimagex/

download it from there

choose the apply tab choose the install.wim that already lited with rt lite

and choose empty dir for destination

after it done choose capture tab

use maximum compressing and ultimate edition and fill up it with name """

and the replay :

"""Thanks, applying right now, will come back to update if it works!

*UPDATE: this works. Install finished with no errors. Tried first method: apply and capture from gimagex

Thanks again aviv00! """

Yes, is about Windows 7 SP1 image !!! . Read that topic ... From what I understand , FIRST is RTLite and THEN is mount/commit with GImageX v2.0.17 (dead0 wrote - FIRST mount/commit with imagex and THEN VLite, reverse order, if consider VLite instead RTLite ) . I will try with VLite . Maybe is working that way !

In fact is about apply/capture image ...

Forget about this ! Doesn't work ! Sorry !

Edited by romantiq

Is there another topic named "Safe WinSxS Removal With Vlite and RT Lite". Posters complains about same problem with Windows 7 SP1 RTM. But, look at these :

"""http://www.autoitscr...-tools/gimagex/

download it from there

choose the apply tab choose the install.wim that already lited with rt lite

and choose empty dir for destination

after it done choose capture tab

use maximum compressing and ultimate edition and fill up it with name """

you're tested? it's good?

Just try dead0 procedure. It works and I am doing my 4th install right now. The last 3 worked. You just don't need to switch back and forth the filters.

I can see where rtlite then vlite might work because rtlite only works with waik2 so it might be the same as using imagex to commit then switch over to vlite. not going to try though when this works as it is. My last test was x64 ultimate and a 6.14GB install.

i may have found another way to delete files from the wim. it involves using vista imagex and seven imagex. if you use seven imagex, u cant remove files from the winsxs due to file ownership restrictions whereas if you use vista imagex, you can

it works very well, just using first Gimagex and after Vlite :thumbup

I tested a second time to be sure

Can you please explain in more precision way this part just using first Gimagex ?

What i have to do in Gimagex?

And are you talking about MSDN W7+SP1 integrated or W7+SP1 intergrated with RT7 Lite?

Thanks and sorry for my bad english :)