[SOLVED] problem with Vlite 1.2 and Win7 SP1 (MSDN)

tistou77

When I try to remove components, Vlite always crashes after the first step (Preparing).

I've tried several versions of wimfltr, a normal install.wim and a "captured" install.wim.

Won't work on Windows XP Pro x64 and Windows 7 x64.

Any suggestions? :(

• 2 weeks later...

We can read inside the tutorial:

http://www.msfn.org/...64-bit-updated/

A. Install and configure

1.Download and install: "Automated Installation Kit (AIK) for Windows Vista SP1 and Windows Server 2008."

This program is provided free from Microsoft, and can be found here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=94BB6E34-D890-4932-81A5-5B50C657DE08&displaylang=en

2. Download and install: vLitev1.2 Final : [ http://www.vlite.net/download.html].

First make sure you have first completed Step 1, and that you installed the correct AIK version—the AIK for Vista SP1, NOT the AIK for Windows7

(vLite 1.2 is designed for use with the AIK for Vista SP1) before downloading and installing vLite 1.2.

When vLite is launched, it looks for a few components of the AIK program and copies them into a few special folders of the vLite program. It needs these components.

If you encounter a vLite error during use

Various forums posts here note " vLite must be configured correctly". This means that vLite has, as expected, created certain folders and placed certain AIK components in them.

For vLite to do this, the AIK has to be installed before you launch vLite. Therefore, if you encounter errors using vLite,

· first ensure you have installed the correct version of Windows AIK required here (see Step1).

· See if a folder called "wimfltr" exists inside \ProgramFiles\vlite. (It would be inside \Program Files(x86)\vlite for 64-bit Windows). If that subfolder isthere, look inside it.

It should have inside two subfolders, an "x86"subfolder as well as an "x64"subfolder, and each should have 2 files inside them, wimfltr.inf and wimfltr.sys.

· If you have the correct version of Windows AIK installed (see Step 1), and installed vLite after installing the AIK, but those subfolders and two files are for some reason not there:

· Create a new folder inside C:\Program Files\vLite and name it "wimfltr"—be careful to spell it properly with an "m" (wim): "wimfltr" .

Then, create subfolders inside it called "x86" (\wimfltr\x86) and "x64" (wimfltr\x64).

Then copy the correct versions of wimfltr.sys and wimfltr.inf into them, as follows:

These are the 2 files: wimfltr.inf, wimfltr.sys

Copy them both from here,

C:\Program Files\Windows AIK\Tools\x86 to here, C:\Program Files\vLite\wimfltr\x86,

AND:

Copy them both from here,

C:\Program Files\Windows AIK\Tools\amd64 to here, "C:\Program Files\vLite\wimfltr\x64.

If vLite crashes during use

Ensure you have unmounted any previously mounted images. Close any other programs that were running when you ran vLite.

Reboot.

Rerun vLite with no other programs running or images mounted.

Crashes can happen.Reboot, try again.

I hope that can help you!

Edited by myselfidem

• 3 weeks later...

What is the correct sequence and tool (not procedure) to:

1. Integrate IE9 with Win 7 SP1 MSDN

2. remove winsxs

and still be in a position to further remove/ tweak the components in vLite?

Is it possible to remove winsxs and still be in a position to install windows update?

What I have done so far:

1. Used RTLite to integrate IE9

2. Used gimagex for apply/ capture to remove all unwanted version.

If I skip step one, I can use vLite to remove/ tweak feature but I cannot integrate IE9 with winsxs removed

If I use step 1 and 2, the image does not open in v:ite to enable me to remove features.

Kindly help.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Has anyone of you been able to vlite an up-to-date Windows 7 Image?

I install Windows in a VM, download & install all updates available and sysprep it into an up-to-date install.wim (which is 3,8GB in size then). Then I apply & capture the image as described in post #105, but vlite just crashes due to an unhandled exception at 50% of the "Preparing" process. <_<

I works fine with my stock Windows 7 SP1 image though. :wacko:

Edited by neo2k

@ neo2k,

you stated "it works fine with my stock windows 7 sp1 image though." could you post your process or steps so i can try and duplicate, i'm using win se7en x64 pro ¿

thanks for any help,

michael clyde

Edited by mchldpy

@ neo2k,

you stated "it works fine with my stock windows 7 sp1 image though." could you post your process or steps so i can try and duplicate, i'm using win se7en x64 pro ¿

thanks for any help,

michael clyde

What process do you mean? I described it in my previous post, didn't I?

• 2 months later...

from the beginning: (is that right ?)

1. install WAIK 1.1 for vista SP1

2. use GimageX as done on post #105

3. use myselfidem's instructions as on post #166

but what components are not removable in vlite ? and how much can be deleted from the 7 installation ? I missed the part that deals with the actual deletion

Edited by monohouse

• 1 month later...

I can't use dead0 dism batch file after I tried bapt's method (post #105) with WAIK 1.1. I get error 0xc150003a (DISM may be corrupt) in every package.

1. Did you use the wim tweak before using DISM?

2. Did you run DISM in a command prompt with Admin rights?

• 1 month later...

Hi all. I have a big problem. Sure that my Win7-lite will be work i tried to install it and now the 3 error that i have are:

img20120729.jpg

I'm now without my PC... :no:

I only installed VLite 1.1, then 1.2 and i followed a simple guide on a italian blog. Removed Speech support and little else.

When VLite created iso file, i had one problem with "microsoft windows 7 usb/dvd tool" because the iso was no more bootable.

So i solved with a tool created by an italian guy.

http://www.megalab.it/2953/rendere-nuovamente-bootabile-il-dvd-di-windows-vista-o-windows-7

The installer of Windows 7 start normally, the installation works and is silent and automated, but when all is done, and system restarts the problem of three screenshots above come to me like a rocket in my a**...

Why you don't talk about the problem with bootable iso? I'm doing something wrong?

I'm using X17-59215.iso

Please help :(

P.S. I've read post #105 and all topic

Edited by mArCo1928

• 2 months later...

Hello,

I read the whole topic, I saw your proposal, but there were so many test that have been done before and since. It is hard to know the exact procedure to follow.

For example, should the WAIK for Vista or Seven?

Which version of vlite?

Where to put files Gimagex?

Order in which these various software install and use?

I would have a full procedure for use vlite with Seven SP1.

Catsy

• 9 months later...